American McGee's Return of Alice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a blast from the past, but great news anyway. Really liked the original on the PC. More info expected soon.

great news. First game was a mediocre platformer with great designs and plot, hopefully this one will get the platforming side of things sorted.

Comment

Officially announced now anyway:

EA just announced the sequel to American McGee’s Alice, for now titled Alice. The game is set to be released on PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and one artwork was released.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        great news. First game was a mediocre platformer with great designs and plot, hopefully this one will get the platforming side of things sorted.
        Sport on, I loved the idea and concept and the Art desgin was some of the best I had ever seen I wished it came out on the DC to say the truth .
        Just fix the PC controls and improve the platform side of things and it could be a winner

Comment

Can't help but feel this is being made to cash in with the new Alice in Wonderland feel but if they can improve the level design of the first game and give it updated graphics it'll be a must buy for me.

Comment

Really looking forward to this (And the new film, although I don't know too much about that at the moment).

Comment

mr mcgee has apparently confirmed the return of alice trailer was fanmade and not official, damn good job for a fanmade trailer

Comment

Alice: Madness Returns PC/360/PS3
                Explore Alice video games from Electronic Arts, a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles and mobile.

Yum yum yum.

NOT SO YUM
                Last edited by Family Fry; 20-07-2010, 21:07.

Comment

Awesome teaser trailer. Would love to see even more of a focus on horror in the sequel

Comment

Looks cool

A mate of mine is one of the producers for this at the Shanghai studios. I visited him for a week and playtested Grimm. Didn't get to meet American though, wasn't around that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                      Blimey! Too many red sweeties and not enough brushing and that's what happens.

Liked the ideas behind the first game but wasn't impressed with how it played.

This one looks sufficiently dark enough for my tastes, let's just hope they can correct the gameplay element.

Comment

Can't run the trailer on my system but just that picture alone ^^ wets my appetite.

The XB360 in particular needs a decent off centre 3D platformer/adventure especially one aimed at a more mature audience. Mad young girl with issues running amok in a warped, surreal landscape - on paper this sounds as if it might be right up my street.

But I remember having the same high hopes for Evil Twin on the DC/PS2 which was supposedly trying to do that same sort of thing. Parts I enjoyed but overall it turned out to be a a bit of a failure in both concept and execution.

Comment

When the original Alice came out, sticking American McGee's name on front meant "oooh, it's from that guy who used to work for iD!". Now sticking American McGee's name on front means "ooh, it's that guy who has made a long line of dreadful games!".

I loved the ideas and look of the original, but it played like ****.

Comment

So I'm the only one that seemed to enjoy the first game then. Don't remember having many problems with it at all.

Comment

Loved the original too, that's why I was so excited to find out my mate got a job as a producer for Spicy Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X