Tomb Raider Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apatia77 View Post
    I'd love to play the remake of the very first Tomb Raider game, I prefer more puzzles and less shooting.
    Im pretty sure you can pick it up on the 360 for as cheap as chips now in the bargain bin... Go get dude.......

Is that image of a real life Lara or a computer generated one? I still have a cold so my eye sight is at 50% :/

As for an overhaul of the game, im all for it........ I can see this going in two ways really - either the Uncharted route or the God of war route, time will tell......

112 :/

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      Im pretty sure you can pick it up on the 360 for as cheap as chips now in the bargain bin... Go get dude.......
      Tomb Raider Aniversary is what you want (apatia77). It can be found in most game and gamestation 2nd hand sections. (well it is in Milton keynes and Oxford)

It is a quality remake. The graphical overhaul makes it look like a top xbox 1 title, which is my opinion is better then trying to make it all shiny and 1080pISH!

Comment

I can vouch for the PS2 version of Anniversary as well, if that's any help.

Comment

Details and - via link - photos from the game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...oft-is-how-old

Sounds and looks pretty brilliant. Sounds like this will be nowhere near the linear action fest that Uncharted is, which I am very glad to hear. Open world with ever evolving abilities which promotes exploration. Can't wait.

Comment

I love Tomb Raider, right back to playing the original game and its sequels on the PlayStation. Legend was a decent reboot, but too short and with simple puzzles and combat that was way too easy thanks to the auto lock-on. Anniversary is probably the pinnacle of the series for me, combining Core's excellent level design with CD's much more fluid control system to make in my eyes the ideal TR - despite that, I'm glad the series is getting a reboot.

Like Resident Evil, although I dearly love the early releases with their panic-inducingly slow and cumbersome controls and fixed angles, the series had to adapt into something quite different to survive just like TR. I just hope it retains that sense of loneliness (ruined by Legend's irritating walkie talkie) and the environment-as-puzzle that is a series staple.

Comment

Angel of Darkness on PS2 is the only game I've ever seen to actually show a Blue Screen of death! CHHHHOPPPPMONNNN!

Comment

My hope is that the reboot will be the polar opposite of what CD have done so far. Old Core TR1 to 4 weren't exactly free roaming but that's clearly what the level design aspired to be. CD replaced that with a conservative and uninspired linearity of the same type that made Soul Reaver 2 similarly disappointing.

What I'm hoping for now is that genuine free roaming environment and on a decent scale comparable to Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout etc too. A main storyline threaded through is also essential but with a large number of optional side missions and tasks.

The Morrowind/Oblivion template minus the bulk of the RPG twiddly bits has huge potential for a TR game. A jungle playground filled with dangerous wild animals, hidden temples, villages and tombs to explore using the Lara's almost unmatched physical skill set would be pretty close to gaming heaven for me.

Do I believe CD will deliver anything like this? Not a chance.

Comment

Some rather nice looking screens here.

Comment

Looking good, thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X