This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge 128 covers...

Can`t find a topic that covers this surprisingly.

Ten covers, fine. Birthday issue and all that. However standing in my friendly local WHS this morning looking at the ones on display (all bar Outrun and Pokemon as far as I could tell) I was struck by one thing...

...That they are all monumentally rubbish.

I mean c`mon they`re terrible aren`t they? Poor layout, ugly design, questionable choice of subject matter in some cases, utterly completely naff. I went for Vib Ribbon in the end because I had to make a decision and it at least tried to follow something that was different (but the colour shapes ruined what might have ben a striking cover). I was expecting to see a feature inside saying `ten covers by rising stars of sixth form wannabe game designer-artists; where will they be in ten years time?` (although then they would all have been manga rip offs I guess..So thats one pont on the final score...)

Anyway, not since Edge:whatevers Game on rip-off cover have I been so totally underwhelmed by an issues cover (in as much as the Game on adverts did the idea so much better and I`m not used to Edge ripping something off so badly). Idea: 7/10 (like the idea of some muppets saying `now I have to buy all ten issues`, and fits in well with Future policy of peeing off Edge subscribers - witness the 42 page thread about who got and didn`t want whichever cover). Implementation: 1/10 (because...well. They tried...).

Sigh. Happy Birthday though Edge. I mean you`re looking old and miserable but I still love you. Cards in the post. Got you a voucher `cos looking at you I`ve no idea what you want anymore...

`OK`, to quote Bloom County, `maybe they weren`t that bad, but Lordy they ain`t good`.

The Edge thread is here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic.php?t=11742&start=0 where people are talking about the covers and so on - its best to keep things nice and simple by having one Edge thread only so could you repost this there please, thanks.

Comment

Scores. Covers. Same thing natch.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
        The Edge thread is here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic.php?t=11742&start=0 where people are talking about the covers and so on - its best to keep things nice and simple by having one Edge thread only so could you repost this there please, thanks.
        I think this is a totaly seperate topic

Comment

Hmmm... How does one post a poll?

Comment

Working...
          X