Zelda Link to the past not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda Link to the past not working?

Ive just bought this off the wii channel store and everytime i go to play it my tv says its an unsuported resolution

My tv is a samsung 32inch and ive got the wii set at 480p i think it is, just not sure whats causing this, ive tried each resolution the wii can be set at and ive had a look in the tv's settings and i cant see anything that would help, anyone have any ideas?

I remember people having problems with certain vc games. Is yours a PAL wii by any chance? Have you tried setting it to interlace instead of progressive on the wii or try using the compsite cable to see if it is actually playing ok.

I cant remember the exact solution but im sure someone will pop along to help.

Comment

its a PAL wii yes and im running it through component, sorry i should have added that in, and i have tried interlaced and progressive, still its the same problem.

i tried it on another samsung 40inch tv and it works fine on that, just cant seem to figure out why it wont work on my 32.

Comment

Have you got an info button on the remote control of your 40"er? On my TV it will tell me what the resolution is. Perhaps it's outputting a resolution other then 720x480?

Comment

Im also having problems displaying neo geo VC games via component at 480p on my 32 ins Samsung

Comment

The problem is that you TV doesn't like 288p over component. Try changing the system to 50hz

Comment

I had the same problem, try enabling interlace over component mode:

"The mode can be enabled by accessing the operations guide of the game, and (with the Nunchuk attached) pressing the buttons Z + A + 2 simultaneously. A sound is played if the mode is enabled correctly."

Comment

Ooh, button-combo nerdfax. I like.

Comment

It's always looked a bit iffy on my 50" Pioneer too. The image looks a bit stretched and fonts just don't look right.

Comment

Just tried that Z+A+2 combo from the Operations Manual and it's sorted Zelda right out. It's still crappy 50Hz but it does now look half decent without squidgy fonts etc.

The downside is there are a ****load of problems whenever anything shakes or flashes onscreen, like when Link gets hurt. It looks crap then, but good for the most part.

Thanks for the tip, Flockheart!

Comment

No Problem, not sure why Nintendo don't publicise the fix a bit more though!!

Comment

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but I can't get it to work. when abouts do I press the buttons mentioned above?

Comment

Working...
                        X