Cloudberry Kingdom - Bullet Hell 2D Platformer?! AMAZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudberry Kingdom - Bullet Hell 2D Platformer?! AMAZE

I saw the name, then I saw the dev logo, and I had no faith in the game at all.

Then the gameplay started and my God, I want this right now.

High defnition here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-6fBVjouPU&hd=1

Looks amazing, and if those replays are doing what I think they're doing, more so.

Game is entered into DreamBuildPlay this year, so should be out on Indie games at some point.

That is looking crazy! I think it is one of those games I would like to see people play but wouldn't play myself.

I love platformers but this looks hard for the sake of hard. Especially the bungie mode......

Megaman 9 has nothing on this!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
      I love platformers but this looks hard for the sake of hard. Especially the bungie mode......
      Looks like the studio is composed by those insane people making super-hard SMB levels, a lot of enemies and obstacles are a complete rip-off from the Mario series.
      Looks interesting, I hope the difficulty curve and levels are properly calibrated, the biggest concern in this type of games is that easy can usually be done with eyes closed while in hard you need to have cyborg reflexes.

Comment

I was impressed until the last part - randomly generated levels? I want carefully planned levels, and I don't care if there's not that many, I don't just want a bunch of random stuff.

Comment

Unlimited levels sounds good to me, and the fact that they're all mathematically possible is going to require some pretty careful planning on the generator's part.

As long as it comes with codes, like Worms did, so you can "share" levels with friends, it will be epic.

"Hey! I bet you can't beat 4578885436!"

Comment

I try to buy one or two 2D?ish platform or old school shooting games on XBLA every month, in the vain hope it will stimulate more and even better new old school games.

This game looks kind of mental, a bit too hard, very western in it?s looks, not really my style to be honest, but I?m probably still gonna buy it for the above reasons...

Comment

Working...
            X