Best mainstream gaming press f*** up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mainstream gaming press f*** up

Looking through a few months old issue of 'Maxim' i found a review of the 3rd party ps2 dual shock pad with the build in mini lcd screen.

Oddly it won gadget of the month because it offered 'anytime anywhere gaming on the ps2'. The cretinous reviewer seemed to be under the impression that it was a pad with built in miniturised ps2 and screen for ?99.99. This is on a half page sized picture in colour aswell, not even tucked away. Tragic for all concerned.

What a complete muppet.

Comment

Should the people who work at Maxim even be considered journalists?

Comment

I re-call reading some lads-mags rag like FHM or something, but in the games review section they had Viewtiful Joe reviewed on the PS2

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
          Should the people who work at Maxim even be considered journalists?
          I think the more pertinant question is: Is Maxim a mainstream gaming magazine? No, it isn't. I'd sooner get advice on understanding classical Baroque art from them than I would gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666
            I re-call reading some lads-mags rag like FHM or something, but in the games review section they had Viewtiful Joe reviewed on the PS2
            wackos

Comment

One for the pedants among us (that's all of us then) - when FHM reviewed Resident Evil on the GC, the box art they showed had both GC & PS2 insignias on it. Important? no, but by God I felt special.

Comment

Originally posted by angel
                Looking through a few months old issue of 'Maxim' i found a review of the 3rd party ps2 dual shock pad with the build in mini lcd screen.

Oddly it won gadget of the month because it offered 'anytime anywhere gaming on the ps2'. The cretinous reviewer seemed to be under the impression that it was a pad with built in miniturised ps2 and screen for ?99.99. This is on a half page sized picture in colour aswell, not even tucked away. Tragic for all concerned.
                #

in reviewing the item surely he must have used it!!!!!
                or did he just look at pictures?

numpty

Comment

Working...
                X