Happy Birthday Dreamcast 9.9.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my DC, still looks great on my big tv
    I can still remember when i bought it, after GCSE's, and im now 25...damn...still works tho, only had to replace the AV cable, bit yellow now though, my fault i guess

I still feel awesome whenever i hear

Last edited by Largo; 10-09-2009, 06:38.

Comment

For me I still find it to be the best looking console aesthetically. Lost many an hour to Soul Calibur, Shenmue 1&2, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure 2 etc in its day.

I'm also one of the few who prefer the blue branding to the orange.

Comment

This b-day's charming fo sho. I'm seriously thinking of rebuying a JP unit. I still have games roaming around, such as JP Zombie Revenge, VO, SC1... couldn't hurt to score a cheap one.

DC games kind of lacked substance (not many 'big' games on the system), but it was about pure gaming and addiction. CT was short, but played it for weeks. SC1 is still far and away the best of the franchise.

Comment

WELCOME BACK...TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY.

Yeah, Dreamcast was sick. I still play mine all the time, there's just tons of great arcade style games on it. Shenmue 1/2 are my favourite games, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            As the old saying goes...

"The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast".
            "The Dreamcast failed because of the perceived power of the PlayStation 2"

Edge magazine reeled that off in an article after production of the Dreamcast had stopped and it's always struck a chord with me.

I adored the Dreamcast, I brought one on launch day in the UK and it was a powerhouse of a console. Arcade perfect conversions, online play, 60hz, 4 controller ports and some of the most unique and vibrant games you could get your hands on.

A wonderful machine and no other developer and publisher has been so on fire during such a short space of time.

Comment

A fine console with some spectacular moments, but ultimately one that failed dismally in terms of fulfulling the undoubted promise and potential that it had.

Much like the Saturn before it, which by rights should've been superior to the PS1.

Comment

All this excitement has made me start looking for another Dreamcast to pick up now.

I need some HD Shenmue action!

Comment

If u had to name top 10 dreamcast games, What would they be?

Iloved the DC, so many fond memorys of late night 4 player sessions.

Comment

A really nice article in the Telegraph today, nice to see the event get some mainstream attention.

It's 10 years since Sega launched the Dreamcast games console, a commercial failure that could have ruined the company. But Sega has proven itself to be the master of reinvention.

Comment

1. Phantasy Star Online
                      2. Rez
                      3. Ikaruga
                      4. Soul Calibur
                      5. Border Down
                      6. Metropolis Street Racer
                      7. Fatal Fury - Mark of the Wolves
                      8. Shenmue
                      9. The House of the Dead 2
                      10. Outtrigger

Comment

What, Shenmue worse than Metropolis Street Racer? Er, okay.

Comment

just my opinion, im not be the same as yours but hey where all different, and p.s you should respect it OK.

Comment

I think my top 5 would be due to the time spent playing them, and not a single obscure jap shooter in sight :P

Soul Calibur
                            Marvel Vs Capcom 2
                            Virtua Tennis
                            Crazy Taxi
                            RE: Code Veronica

Special mention to Power stone too

"Relcome to powerstone wars"

Comment

The Dreamcast will always be special to me and it is my favourite console.

I have so many great memories with it, Chu Chu Rocket online, HotD2, Dreamarena chat rooms with the on-screen keyboard!

It was the system I bought my first import game for, the game being the US version of Quake 3 which allowed me to play with my PCs unlimited dial-up ISP but my arse was being kicked by the keyboard & mouse PC players who came on the servers.

It also brought what became my favourite games: Shenmue I & II.
                              Last edited by Blade Runner; 11-09-2009, 00:08.

Comment

Did anyone play 'Silver' on the DC? it was on PC too, i really want to play that game now, 10 years old too but it was awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X