No announcement yet.

Your favourite video game music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do understand people thinking that just going with orchestral can be a bit dull for modern video games. I guess I don't mind it so much because I really like film scores.

But as a response, here's some that don't fall into the whole 'wannabe orchestral film score' mold...

There's not been enough Yasunori Mitsuda on here yet. This must be rectified.
    Something old:

Something new:

RAWK!

Everyone tends to only ever talk about the visuals when they talk about Okami. Which is a shame. (Couldn't find a video from someone how actually knows how to blend the two tracks from the CD without a skip, tsk)

And with that, I shall go in search of pre-PlayStation era stuff...

Comment

Darn, can't find any decent YouTube video of the stuff I really wanted to post. Still, found a couple of blasts from the past that I have a soft spot for...

Comment

15 years on and still my favourite Ridge Racer music. It's so good, I named my online gaming tag after it Love the Pac-Man sample.

Namco got so much right with the Ridge Racer 2 soundtrack. It's still the first OST I try for a custom soundtrack to any racing game. Other notable faves:

Drive U 2 Dancing

Grip (EPIC!)

Speedster Overheat

Frankly, I could stick the entire Ridge racer 2 soundtrack here and not be unhappy with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post

RAWK!
          PDZ is also responsible for lodging this song in my head

It's nothing but rubbish, incredibly generic and bland dance music but the game seems to have cemented it into my subconscious

Other epic music (bit of a mixed bag but here goes)

and for pure cheese factor

Comment

wow, some great tunes on here. Its a side of games that is under appresiated i think.

One of my fav's: Mushihimesama - Like a night of shooting stars.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
              RAWK!
              Gah, that track gives me nightmares. To this day, I still can't beat the boss for that level on Perfect Agent.

Good choice on the Gitaroo Man soundtrack Spatial, completely forgot about that.

I saw C' mentioned Phoenix Wright. I'd have to go with this as my favourite track from the series.
              Last edited by Riskbreaker; 20-09-2009, 20:46.

Comment

Most of my favs have already been mentioned i think

AVGN was right, terminator cd music is the fking nuts
                Last edited by Largo; 20-09-2009, 20:57.

Comment

A lot of my favourites are already here, but one soundtrack I've always had a soft spot for is the music from the Gameboy SaGa/FF Legend games. They were co-written by Nobuo Uematsu, and there're some great themes in there.

The main theme is really nice:

They really pushed the Gameboy too, getting impressively complex tunes out of incredibly limited hardware:

Comment

Love threads like this, always full of win. Glad to see PDZ and Okami getting some love! Just gonna post one now from what is possibly my favourite ever game - Tempest 2000 (Jag):

Comment

Great to see Revenge of Shinobi and Gameboy Batman being mentioned

Here are my favourites (including surely the greatest Spectrum intro):

Oh, and the greatest song ever to grace a videogame by a country mile:

Last edited by MrMarbles; 20-09-2009, 22:33.

Comment

All of these should have been posted before...

Comment

the theme tune to one of the best games ever Tomb Raider

another magical piece from Tomb Raider

a short but haunting piece from Tomb Raider

the brilliant remix of the TR1 main theme that was in TR3

very reminicent of the final piece played in the Star Wars film Return Of The Jedi

a flawed game but as an experience there are few games that can match Shenmue. This is one of the best pieces to the game

i havnt even started the game yet but i have this on my PSP and regularly fire it up just to listen to this

a very average game but the Sega Saturn version had a sweet score by Richard Jaques
                          Last edited by Sam The Man; 01-11-2009, 04:04.

Comment

Beautifull tune by Hamazu the man in charge of FF13.

Comment

Beautifull tune by Hamazu the man in charge of FF13.

Comment

My two favourite tracks from Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

Comment

Working...
                                X