Trackmania 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackmania 2

Announced at the Paris Game Festival earlier today, no info at the moment apart from this video...

No formats but I suppose PC is guaranteed, would be nice to get console versions though.

i thought i read there will be a wii and new ds one too?

Comment

taken from Nadeo twitter
      Trackmania 2 will be a PC release at launch ("No XBLA, PSN or Mac ports. Nadeo only want to focus on PC.") and will feature four splitscreen modes: Cup, regular championship, team, and cooperative. Nadeo is said to have spent three years working on it.

Comment

TBH, I think it's a waste if it doesn't appear on the consoles. It's perfect for a 1200 point / £9.99 online title.

Comment

I've got no idea whether this is good news or bad news but Ubisoft has just acquired the developer. I'm really hoping that it's going to mean XBL/PSN versions of the franchise.
          Originally posted by ars technica
          "The acquisition of Nadeo is an important step in our expansion within the on-line gaming sector," said Yves Guillemot, Chief Executive Officer of Ubisoft. "Through Nadeo, Ubisoft will gain an expert team, one of the best on-line technologies around as well as a flagship multiplayer game that enjoys an unrivaled reputation among a loyal and committed community. We are excited about the idea of introducing TrackMania to an ever-wider audience and sharing the expertise of Nadeo's teams with our Group's other developers."

So what does this mean for the game? It's hard to know, but after the high-class port of the game to the Nintendo DS, the opportunities to bring the Trackmania series to consoles are many. I can't be the only one who plays the PC game with a gamepad, and this is a series that already looks great.
          ars technica
          Last edited by JP; 05-10-2009, 21:06. Reason: crazy link stuff happening...

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
            TBH, I think it's a waste if it doesn't appear on the consoles. It's perfect for a 1200 point / £9.99 online title.
            Couldn't agree more, the series would be perfect for XBLA.

I can't see the reason for not doing it to be honest. Develop a tidy user-friendly level editor and it'll blow that Mod Nation Racer whatsit out of the water. The level editor is already half way there, it just needs polishing.

Hope Ubi can bring this game into the mainstream where it belongs.

Comment

According to Wiki, there's already been eight Trackmania games, either released or soon to be out. And they've only just got round to Trackmania 2.

anyways, I remember playing the orignal Trackmania before it was cool.

Awesome times.
              shame they lost the Micro Machines vibe really

Comment

here's hoping the Ubi buyout gets this moved to the consoles with a fully open PC style track content system.

I've bought the last 4 of these on pc and they are superb racers, would love to see them in the lounge on my tv.

Comment

I want this on 360 too!

I want to be able to make crazy videos like this:

Comment

I like the vid. I made a few nice maps on it back in the day, was a great way to unwind.

It needs to happen on consoles, with full map making of course, and a decent rating system so you can find the quality maps.

Comment

Fairly uneventful teaser trailer.

Comment

Working...
                      X