EU PS1 downloads on JP PS3 working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU PS1 downloads on JP PS3 working

Just went to play a PS1 game downloaded from the EU store and it works on my JP PS3! It never did before, just gave me a video mode error. Not sure if its a result of my console running through my Onkyo 607 or not.
    Someone else want to confirm / test.

I downloaded crash bandicoot from the EU store and it didn't work on my JPN ps3. I'll download it again and let you know.(possibly tomorrow)

edit: downloading now
    Last edited by jamesy; 30-09-2009, 21:52.

Comment

That's strange, they've always worked on my Jap machine.

Comment

No problems with the games I've had with my JPN PS3.

Comment

mmm strange I`ve just spoken with a friend and he said non of his worked until now, hes made no changes to his set up and has the 60 gig launch JP machine the same as mine.

Comment

Still didn't work for me through hdmi 720p. What connections are people using?

edit: what games are working?

Comment

I've got a Jap 60Gb launch machine running through HDMI on a 1080P Sony Bravia.

Crash Bandicoot, WipEout, FFVII and Cool Boarders all run fine.

The thing I can't understand is why I bought Cool Boarders? Shocking!

Comment

haha I used to love cool boarders 2 and 3. Maybe mine don't work because it's a 20gb model. My parents got a new TV so when that gets set up I'll try it out and see.

Comment

Well N2O off the pal store still doesnt work on my US 60gig, still says "you cannot play this game at the current video output setting. (80028f10).

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                    Well N2O off the pal store still doesnt work on my US 60gig, still says "you cannot play this game at the current video output setting. (80028f10).
                    That was the message I used to get on all pal games.
                    My console is set 1080p / pic and audio via hdmi

Comment

I used to get that message when I was running my JP 20GB model on a SD telly. All games run fine in 720p/1080i/1080p now though.

The reason I got it was an NTSC system can't run a 50Hz game in SD.

Comment

Working...
                      X