Fallout GOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallout GOTY

Has anyone who has this tell me, are the expansions on a disc or is it like GOW where it is a code?

Bri

I have the PC version where all the expansions come on a seperate disc. Having already got the original I just inserted the second disc to install the updates. I can't speak for the console versions but with their previous game Oblivion, the GOTY came with a similar second disc for 360 and an intergrated disc with everything on it for ps3.

Comment

PS3 is all on one disc

Been waiting to carry on my my game where it ended for me stuck in the purity room with no other saves. Happy as larry now and been playing most the night

Comment

This is my whole reason for holding off getting the expansions on live as i'd rather have them on a disc so i can install them when i like. I did the same with oblivion.

Comment

i was woried about my old save not working with the goty edition of this as a lot of people have been having problems so i fired it up tonight and it worked prefectly

Comment

360 version has 2 discs. I just installed everything but I think you can pick and choose which parts you want to install.

Comment

Is there any kind of protection to stop you just borrowing someone's second disc and installing everything, then just playing the original Fallout 3 disc?

Comment

No idea. Not entirely sure how that could work from DVD especially if your playing offline so i don't see a problem there. Only issue that could arise is if you went online.

Theres a similar trick with DL content like the COD maps, where one person buys and all mates can share if they have his account details. All accounts can use the maps on a PS3 once installed, though i think theres a limit to the amount of times you can DL stuff. So i've heard anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Is there any kind of protection to stop you just borrowing someone's second disc and installing everything, then just playing the original Fallout 3 disc?
                  Nope, it seems there's no protection to stop you doing that. I've tried my GOTY disc 2 contents on a different console in conjunction with the older version of the game and it worked fine once a patch had been downloaded.

Comment

Working...
                  X