Wheely good fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheely good fun

I recently bought a Logitech Force Feedback wheel for my GameCube (cough, yeah great idea Jib) well I bought it primarily for F-ZeroGX, which is goddamn amazing, however I have recently been trawling for other FF games, of which the mighty BurnOut2 is one. Also GT Cube works with it too making that a better game.

Basically the wheel is brilliant, and a great interface to the games, it makes you think about driving as opposed to playing if you catch my drift. The whole concept of moving your arms around to make things happen really threw me off initially, now though its bloody marvellous.

I can't recommend it enough.

I've never been a huge fan of steering wheel controllers. I find them a little awkward and plasticky.
    One wheel I shall definately be getting hold of is the new Gran Tourismo 4 one, that looks to be a really well built peripheral.

Is F-Zero any better with the Logitech?
    I'd imagine it being a little more difficult to judge those tight turns and stuff...

Comment

It did tempt me but I don't have any racing games bar Wave Race for Cube at the mo and at the price tag it'll kill me. Dumb question but can you use the 1 Wheel with both US and JPN software?

I mean in future i'll have F Zero, and probably NFS: Underground on my cube but maybe that doesn't warrant the purchase.

Comment

I'll field these questions:

F-Zero is a different game with the wheel, in fact in the options it says F-ZeroAX control scheme.

The Wheel is not too plasticy, because of the FF it feels more weighty than yer average crap wheel. When you initiate a Boost in BurnOut2 is shakes the wheel quite violently, not throwing you accross the room violent but generally useful.

As with all peripherals it region free, I am flicking between Fzero Jap and BurnOut2 US quite happily. The cable is darn long too, for both the power and the cube cable.

Comment

It doesn't sound good. Wouldn't it tempt you though to buy 2 for 2 player action?

Comment

I am saving my pennies for Mario Kart, which I suspect will need a second Cube purchase and the BBAs, but I suspect all future racing games will be compatible as its an "Official" product. R Racing Evolution might be good, I aint interested in NFSUnderground as that looks dump.

Comment

Working...
            X