50 points short...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 points short...

Is there a way to get low amounts of ms points? I am 50 short for the new GTA addon and I am loathed to buy a higher amount just for this.

Thanks for any help.

That's how M$ make their cash I'm afraid mate, they don't work like Sony do sadly

I think 800 pts cards are the smallest sold by retail too.

Comment

Thats really poor, because if I buy 800, ill be left with 750... sigh. Cant even remember how I ended up with a rogue 50 either, I am not prone to buying themes or gamerpics.

Oh well, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

I'm sure you can buy 400 through the dashboard, but that's only if you have your credit card wired up to your account.
        EDIT: actually, it's 500, for £4.25 ... you can get 'em through xbox.com too.

Comment

In the US you can buy points from the Zune website in 100 denominations. Unfortunately because the Zune hasn't been released here, we can't.

Comment

Maybe MS should allow you to 'gift' points of any value to people.

Comment

Originally posted by hexxed View Post
              Thats really poor, because if I buy 800, ill be left with 750... sigh.
              That's exactly why they sell the points in different denominations to what content is actually sold at, tbh. It works on the idea that people will feel compelled to use the points that they have remaining, and purchase additional points in order to do so.
              Last edited by sj33; 08-11-2009, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                That's how M$ make their cash I'm afraid mate, they don't work like Sony do sadly

I think 800 pts cards are the smallest sold by retail too.
                When I had a ps3 it would make me purchase money for my wallet in denominations, the lowest being ?5, even though what I was purchasing was often lower. Has that changed?

Comment

nope it bloody well hasnt and it still irks me, glad someone said it though.....we all know that's how $ony make the monies of course.

Comment

Why do people seem to think it has? When I had my PS3 it was the same - £5 increments, which meant I had to put £15 on to buy Tekken and Mortal Kombat at £7 and £3.50 each - but when I tell friends this who are having a go at MS points, they say it's not like that and that they just pay whatever the price of the download is. I'm still not sure, though, as most of my PS3-owning mates are a bit dopey when it comes to important stuff like money and, when harassed about it they'll just shrug and claim they're pretty damn sure it doesn't work in increments.

Comment

You dont have to buy in increments. If your wallet is empty when you try and buy, it will simply offer to debit your card the amount needed. Hence no need to buy in increments.

Comment

id also like to thank unknown_citizen, who after reading this thread sent me a 200 point promo code for free, which was very nice of him, thanks mate.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                          Maybe MS should allow you to 'gift' points of any value to people.
                          Was this ever an option? I swear it used to be but indeed when I wanted to send some to mate a while ago couldn't find anything about it on the dashboard or when Googled.

Comment

sure you could gift point but it was US only service on xbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by hexxed View Post
                              You dont have to buy in increments. If your wallet is empty when you try and buy, it will simply offer to debit your card the amount needed. Hence no need to buy in increments.
                              So the £5 increments thing is only for when you preload your wallet beforehand?

Comment

Working...
                              X