Did anyone else enjoy Jedi Outcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else enjoy Jedi Outcast?

i put off getting this game, because of the horrible things i read about it - but after finding a cheap copy i have been surprised at how much fun it is.

okay so it's not the most orginal game, but there's something wonderful about force choking a stormtropper, whilst cutting another in half with your lightsaber(all in time to john williams score).

am i just a sad star wars fanboy? perhaps so.....

i enjoyed it your not alone Quite a fun game actually but i'm still debating whether to get jedi academy

Comment

Its a fun game, some dodgy level design and a few too many jumping puzzles to make it truly great tho. Worth getting if you see it cheap.

Academy plays like a 'mission disk' rather than an entirely new game tho (if the demo is a good indication of the full game anyway, and if its not, why release the demo?).

Probably going to get it when GAME inevitably drop the price of it. It seems all PC games older than about a month get massively reduced in there these days.

Comment

except civ 3 which they seem determined to keep at ?30 ft: grrrrrrrr

Comment

I've completed Jedi Academy and I must say it is much, much better than Outcast. It doesn't have any jumping puzzles, the levels all feel much tighter and thought through and the force powers seem more powerful. Plus you gotta love the double edged saber...

Comment

NOOOOOOOO000000000oooooooooo!

:: dives to close the thread before Burai sees it and takes yet another dump on the game ::

Comment

I really enjoyed Jedi Knight 2 Jedi outcast, so much so that I vented some abuse at edge on their forums about there **** review of the game and got banned something about arse and elbow probably blew it for me! Anyway the game was a bit derivative at times but I especially enjoyed using the force to fck with storm troopers hours of fun!

Cheers

Quexex

Comment

I enjoyed it for the most part although some illogical puzzles and enemies that could pinpoint your retina a mile off ruined it at times.

All in all though, one of Raven's better games and worth playing if your remotely a fan of Star Wars.

I think the developer's are overrated myself.

Comment

i ****ing hate jedi knight 2 (why isnt it called dark forces 3?). it was so disapointing after playing the original jedi knight for years to end up with such a boring, lazy sequel.

Comment

It wasn't as good as the sublime Jedi Knight, but it simply wasn't anywhere near as bad as some would have you believe, picking up immeasurably in the middle stages and benefiting from a hugely addictive online game.

Comment

I thought it was good.

dont tell burai mind you.

Comment

I'm not posting in this thread as we aren't allowed to be in the slightest negative about hyped-up titles around here any more.

All you people enjoyed it so much, who am I to point out the very significant and basic flaws such as bad level design, pre Half-Life levels of AI, decreasing difficulty curve, awful story, cheesy multiplayer and just generally being worse than a game that came four years before it on significantly less sophisticated hardware?

Instead I shall say this: Jedi Knight II is the greatest Star Wars first-person shooter ever devised.

Comment

Oh get over it. The moment we can't have some fun at other people's expense (and, I might add, with no offense meant and done purely out of a sense of fun with our friends here) is the moment we should close this ****ing thing down.

I love you, Burai. Feel my love...

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                            All you people enjoyed it so much, who am I to point out the very significant and basic flaws such as bad level design, pre Half-Life levels of AI, decreasing difficulty curve, awful story, cheesy multiplayer and just generally being worse than a game that came four years before it on significantly less sophisticated hardware?
                            mmm... fair enough. The story was crap, but then you're not playing it for the story. The level design was ok. It wasn't phenomenal, but it generally made it fairly easy to wander around.
                            The best part about it was that all the force powers and wielding your lightsabre and stuff was really slick and easy to use. I really felt like I was a Jedi! (insert Star Wars Kid comment here)
                            I had fun with it. It's not the best title, but I don't think it's terrible. That's all I'm going to say.

Comment

Working...
                            X