Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was terrible! Piers Harding-Rolls has all the personality of a wet fish. Try and sound excited about it man!!

The reporter was awful at Uncharted too.

Comment

" (games) Which are much cheaper, than those for dedicated gaming devices" ... Yeah, they're nowhere near as good either (95% of the time anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I thought that was terrible! Piers Harding-Rolls has all the personality of a wet fish. Try and sound excited about it man!!

The reporter was awful at Uncharted too.
        I was just happy to see a positive piece on the BBC tbh. I was out with my mate last night who isn't a gamer and he had only heard about it last week. He said when he saw it he thought "who on earth will buy that with the iPhone dominant, Oh I bet dave does"!
        Any kind of coverage is good right now. I found the bit about hardcore gamers interesting. I don't agree that market is as high as the Sony guy said but I hope Vita does better here and in the states than Japan

Comment

Okay I've made the decision to buy a Vita. Here's a question I have already asked but I'm still not quite sure of the answer - is there any reason I'd want a 3G version? I can't yet see the reason. GPS features? Anything else?

Think I'll just go for a wifi one but I'd hate to then find I missed out on something I'll want later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Okay I've made the decision to buy a Vita. Here's a question I have already asked but I'm still not quite sure of the answer - is there any reason I'd want a 3G version? I can't yet see the reason. GPS features? Anything else?

Think I'll just go for a wifi one but I'd hate to then find I missed out on something I'll want later.
            I had the same thought about the 3G version so rang my local Gamestation and spoke to the manager about possibility of swapping my wifi pre order to 3G. He said no point as only benefit is being able to check PSN features when out of wifi range. I can't see any devs putting 3G only features in a game as it loses a lot of sales, especially seeing the ratio of wifi sales to 3G. Manager told me they had lots of wifi pre orders but only 3 3G orders so the sales pattern from Japan seems to be happening here too

Comment

Aye, save ?50, buy another couple of games.

Comment

Yep, I think you guys are right. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                  Watched Click this morning and was a good piece on the Vita:
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ck_18_02_2012/
                  Bit strange seeing the Sony guy insist that there will be no price drop after release with a smirk on his face - Almost as though he knows the thing is bombing out on pre-orders and will need a price drop quite quickly.

Comment

The price isnt that high, 200 quid for a handheld with near console quality graphics, amongst many other things.

How much are iPads again? 500 quid? that doesn't seem to stop people from buying them though does it?

People are weird when it comes to what they consider good value.

Comment

Well I paid ?400 when I got one and don't feel ripped off it really is quite a jump up from ios gaming if you get the best available uncharted is great, wipeout is stunning (got yesterday) and gravity rush will be my goty already (having finished it) no way on earth you would get that on ios and I'm not biased as I did buy a 4s for ?500 IMO the vita has better value

Comment

My 64Gb iPod touch was over ?300, I resented that even though I love it (NEVER for gaming), Vita is fantastic value for money.

Comment

funny thing is when the price was announced most people was saying it was a good price.....one 3ds price drop later and now its expensive

though granted the memory card prices does up the price a fair bit

Comment

i don't even know how much a 3DS is, but unless there's a ?100 gap or something between the two, I don't see the fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                              I had the same thought about the 3G version so rang my local Gamestation and spoke to the manager about possibility of swapping my wifi pre order to 3G. He said no point as only benefit is being able to check PSN features when out of wifi range. I can't see any devs putting 3G only features in a game as it loses a lot of sales, especially seeing the ratio of wifi sales to 3G. Manager told me they had lots of wifi pre orders but only 3 3G orders so the sales pattern from Japan seems to be happening here too
                              Wh@t about t@gging?

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                                Jesus, a week to go and I finally see a TV ad for the Vita, try harder Sony.
                                TV ads will go into full gear next week, and on top of that Sony has done really well to build interest via their Vita Rooms UK tour.

The London one kicked off on Friday and is situated in a prime location on Oxford Street. You'd think that people might not be interested, but being there last week myself, people passing by actually stopped and came in to have a go. Most left quite impressed too. On top of that, as you might know, they've given every GAME and Gamestation a unit to show off to customers. With that in mind, I think Sony has done really well in terms of building interest and getting the system in the hands of potential buyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X