X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Black Hole and Fruit Machine Special Levels in the original Starfox

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
      Street Fighter 2 on the Snes - Down, R, Up, L, Y, B at the Capcom logo screen netted you the ability to use the same characters in Vs mode; no more arguing about someone picking the 'best' characters
      Down, R, Up, L, Y, B, (X, A) on the jap version too for that magic jingle that gives me goose bumps

A secret i always like was on Mario Kart on the snes, how you unlocked 150cc and the very first time i played Rainbow Road, oh the fun I had on that game............

Unlocking the Rocket Launcher on Biohazard if you did the game under 3 hours without saving often, etc........ SO satisfying blowing a zombie, Hunter, Chimera to bits...........

Comment

Always remember playing Toejam & Earl with my best mate and finding Level 0 with the Hot Tub and Lemonade Bar. I'm sure it was well known but was still pretty cool find without reading about it in a gaming mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar004 View Post
          Secret party members on RPG's are always fun, especially on Fire Emblem Path of Radiance where you had to go through an extremely lengthy process on one level to get one of the members.
          Yeah i loved getting some of the secret party members on Shining Force 2 & 3. Some of them in particular were quite hard to get and involved a lenthy process before they decided to join you.

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          Always remember playing Toejam & Earl with my best mate and finding Level 0 with the Hot Tub and Lemonade Bar. I'm sure it was well known but was still pretty cool find without reading about it in a gaming mag.

Another great secret Pharfetchd. I also used to play this with my mate and sometimes with my sister and if ever we were on a level and suddenly found out that we had Icarus Wings or Rocket shoes or even a rubber Dhingy we would fall all the way back down to level 1 so we could get to this hidden level 0.

Comment

Turning your car around on the start line in Ridge Racer (and Ridge Racer Revolution) on the Playstation, driving through the wall and entering the mirror track.

Friend of mine told me to try it and I assumed he was just trying to make me mess up a race and was amazed when it worked.

Even better was the SD mode in Ridge Racer Revolution. Think you had to clear the Galaga '88 loading game with 100% hit rate (or use the laser cheat) to get it.
            Last edited by C'; 18-11-2009, 14:32.

Comment

JUSTIN BAILEY
              WE5T 0NE
              Cake, hammer, Earth, Apple, Tap.

1 point for each game, 1 point for what they did.

Comment

One of those is for Wonderboy III and the other for Robocod. Can't remember what they did, though.

The two cheat codes that are indelibly burned into my mind are:

1g0tp1nk8c1db00ts0n

AAAAXBBBBYXXXXAYYYYB

Regarding actual secrets, Metal Gear Solid 2 is chock-full of them; there's more Easter Eggs in it than gameplay.

I still remember calling Otacon whilst looking at a girlie poster in the locker

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Turning your car around on the start line in Ridge Racer (and Ridge Racer Revolution) on the Playstation, driving through the wall and entering the mirror track.

Friend of mine told me to try it and I assumed he was just trying to make me mess up a race and was amazed when it worked.

Even better was the SD mode in Ridge Racer Revolution. Think you had to clear the Galaga '88 loading game with 100% hit rate (or use the laser cheat) to get it.
                  Reading this reminded me of Daytona USA on the Dinosaur Canyon (intermediate) track, where you could go and see the sign 'Congratulations you have jus lost your sponsors!' On and the racing as Una the horse

Comment

The Ice Key in Banjo and Kazooie
                    Also, getting shown the hidden areas at the end.

Comment

This is a secret little move clip in Little King's Story. Absolutely bloody awesome... The thought that a lot of gamers will play through the game but won't ever actually see this is a very sad thought indeed.

Must Click!!
                      Last edited by Adam Stone; 18-11-2009, 19:08.
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        JUSTIN BAILEY
                        WE5T 0NE
                        Cake, hammer, Earth, Apple, Tap.

1 point for each game, 1 point for what they did.

the last one is robocod. hmm, i should know the others. justin bailey - metroid on the nes?? unlocked different suit samus??

Comment

A brilliant secret iv just remembered was in the very first Gran Turismo on the PS1. Once you won all the cups in simulation mode you unlocked GT HI FI MODE!

This gave you one of the courses where the buildings in the backgrounds were removed along with alot of the background objects and all of the CPU cars but upped the framerate to an incredible 60fps! Although 60fps isnt all that today and GT5 will run races at that rate with all cars on screen and full detail, back then in 1997 on the PS1 it was something special.

Comment

The bonus endings from Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (and soon, BBS). Great pieces of CG and awesome bonuses for completing the games on hard.

Almost as awesome in KH: 358/2

You actually get to play Deep Dive

Comment

The Duck in Shenmue 2 and Fangmei's birthday were cool secrets.

Comment

Finding those friendly creatures in Super Metroid.

The true ending in Ico.

The secret garden in Shadow of the Colossus.

Comment

Working...
                                X