Best Loading Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Loading Screens

As a Ying to the Yang of the Unskippable Game Intro Waffle thread, what loading screens didn't you mind sitting through?

Feel free to add pics.

Fallout 3 has been good with its perk info.

I liked Devil May Cry when you could shoot the screen.

The Onechanbara loading screens seem interesting, but I never played it myself:

Loads of C64 loading screens had vastly cool music.
    Of particular note the Last Ninja II musics:

and the playable space invaders game:

Comment

I'm sure everyone enjoyed the Ghostbusters PS3/360 loading screen, especially after seeing it for the 20th time on the stone gargoyle bit...

Anyone remember the C&C and C&C:RA install screens? I miss companies doing stuff like that, it's all install shield or the standard PSN install bar now.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        I'm sure everyone enjoyed the Ghostbusters PS3/360 loading screen, especially after seeing it for the 20th time on the stone gargoyle bit...
        Oh yes. That was the only part in the game that had me sitting through that loading screen time and time again.

I always thought this was a cool loading screen.

Aero Blasters (image from the US version). What was cool about it is the fact that it's one of the very few cartridge games that needs to load. Beacuse Aero Blaster was one of the first 8MBIT Mega Drive carts the data had to be de-crunched. I guess they never knew how to use a 8MBIT cart back then.

Yakumo

Comment

loading screens shouldent be celebrated they should be moaned about. so I will list some of the ones I hate.

Drake fortune 2 commits the cardinal sin of having a loading screen to load a title screen, then a loading screen again to get into the game. And what is it you have to look at? A tiny spinny dagger.

Oblivion was pretty bad too I put about 100 hours into that game it's just a shame 50 of them where starring at a load screen. Calming music and a picture of something yay.

Comment

I think the ones I like best are where they're basically playing plot advancing FMV while the loading is going on in the background, so that you only really notice it's a loading screen on your second playthrough. Modern Warfare 2, Ultimate Alliance 2, Heavenly Sword etc...

If there must be a loading screen, then giving the player something to do is cool too. Recent FIFA games have a little kickabout arena, Bayonetta lets you practice your combo's...

Comment

Ridge Racer on the 360 has some pacman action. Also fond of the early Tekken games, which always gave you a Namco classic to play.

Comment

Always liked the juggling monkey on neo-cd titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  Ridge Racer on the 360 has some pacman action. Also fond of the early Tekken games, which always gave you a Namco classic to play.
                  Aye a fair few Namco games used to have arcade games on the loading screens. Loved playing Galaga on Ridge Racer

Comment

The best loading screens were the spectrum ones that drew in line by line so you could try and guess what the picture would be.

Comment

I thought the darkness had some great loading screens.

Here's some random funny ones I found on youtube but some were serious as well.

Comment

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude surely???

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo View Post
                          I thought the darkness had some great loading screens.
                          Best loading screens ever. I also like the Killzone 2 ones, just because you get to fart around with the sixaxis stuff for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X