IGN: "We know sod all about games."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN: "We know sod all about games."

OK, I paraphrase a little. Here's there list of the top 25 Xbox 360 games and my opinions...

1. Mass Effect (assuming there are 1,001 games on the Xbox 360, this is about 1000 places too high)
    2. COD4 (seems fair enough)
    3. Fallout 3 (as does this)
    4. Oblivion (and this)
    5. GTA4 (too high)
    6. Halo 3 (far too high)
    7. Orange Box (too low)
    8. Bioshock (too high)
    9. Braid (way too low)
    10. Gears of War (too high)
    11. Halo 3: ODST (average, surely?)
    12. Halo Wars (above average, hardly the 12th best game on the system)
    13. Borderlands (wtf?)
    14. Geometry Wars (better than GW2?)
    15. Rockband 2 (too low)
    16. Forza 3 (too low)
    17. Fifa 10 (too low)
    18. Left 4 Dead (they said themselves that L4D2 was better in every way)
    19. Virtua Fighter 5 (WHAT)
    20. Modern Warfare 2 (behind Virtua Fighter 5?)
    21. NHL 10 (I know nothing of this)
    22. Shadow Complex (too low)
    23. Dead Rising (too broken)
    24. Lost Odyssey (way too low)
    25. Dead Space (erm)

No Crackdown? No Trials HD? No Vesperia?

List is bizarre.

There is so much wrong with this list i don't even know where to begin. The fact there are 3 Halo games in it seems mental.
    Mass effect is a very good game but number 1 for me is a toss up between Orange Box and Fallout 3.

Comment

I think that it's all subjective to personal opinion, but there's an awful lot to disagre with.

Braid, NHL10, Virtua Fighter and Halo 3, Halo ODST and (lol) Halo Wars wouldn't even be in my top 20.

Dead Space would be top 10 as well for me, easily one of the standout moments of this generation, let alone just 360 titles.

Comment

I don't see the problem. Even though I don't agree with the order (what would be the chances that ANYONE would on ANY list?), it's nice that it's not another "Hive Mind" type list with the same games making up the countdown.

Comment

Why wtf against Borderlands? In my opinion there hasn't been a more involving, enjoyable game released this year.

Comment

Their opinion I guess.

Comment

The thing is that if I were to see TTKs list (based on the comments he's made about IGN's) I'm fairly sure I'd disagree dramatically with it just as he does with the IGN list. The only difference being I wouldn't go as far as to say you know sod all about games.

Once again it's a thread complaining about someone elses opinion, which seems fairly redundant.

The top five is ok, but I'd remove GTA4 and Oblivion and put L4D1/2 (assuming they're as good on the 360 as it is on the PC) and... err... probably Orange Box there instead. To be honest I hate doing top X lists as I often find it impossible to say that X game is better than Y, especially if they're in a completely different genre.

Comment

So, out of interest, would anyone put Virtua Fighter 5 above MW2 in their lists?

For the record, my comments were deliberately inflammatory

Comment

I don't agree with the list, but it doesn't seem too outlandish. They're not bucking the trend or anything, the titles included seem like what a person would expect.

It has made me realise something though. As I was trying to think about what games I'd include in my 'top 20 360 titles', I struggle to think of 10. Plenty of great games on the 360, but not many that I'd go as far as compiling into a top 20 list.

Obviously it's subjective though. I mean, Dead Rising, Ridge Racer 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 would probably be in my top 5. Oblivion is probably my favourite game on the 360, but that's better played on PC anyway. No Fable 2 too, that's another game I'd have in my top 5.
                  Last edited by sj33; 21-11-2009, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    So, out of interest, would anyone put Virtua Fighter 5 above MW2 in their lists?

Interesting question. I'm not too sure if I could make a proper decision on that yet as I have only been playing MW2 for 10 days, where as I have played Virtua Fighter 5 a lot more. At the moment I'm really enjoying MW2, but maybe in a months time I may not like it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      Without a shadow of a doubt.

Comment

The list is a bit strange but hey it's IGNs top 25 Xbox 360 games and not "IGNs what we think everyone else out there would pick as there top 25 Xbox 360 games". To say they know sod all about games is a bit harsh I think.

I'm sure if every person on this forum made a similar list quite a few people would disagree on many of the titles included. As Jebus said, it is just their personal opinion and they haven't asked anyone to agree with it.
                        Last edited by ezee ryder; 21-11-2009, 12:53.

Comment

Fallout 3 should be number 1.

Comment

Fallout 3 wouldn't make my top 200, I have played 80 point indie games I enjoyed more, thats not to say they were better coded technically, I just can't stand that kind of game, or fighters, or Devil May Cry button mashers.

shows the irrelevence of lists.

Comment

They put Mass Effect at number 1? Blimey, might have to renew my subscription.

Comment

Working...
                              X