Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning - Some UK Club Nintendo Stars expiring soon

Hi all,
    Just a quick warning for people who have star points on the UK Club Nintendo site - it was mentioned in my monthly Nintendo newsletter email this month that 4500 of my 6000 stars are about to expire at the end of November, so I imagine its probably the same for other people as well

To check go to the Nintendo UK site:-
    Discover Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U and amiibo. Get console support, games info, Nintendo news and learn about My Nintendo.

Log in to your account and then click your stars balance number next to your username at the top of the page.

I had been saving all my star points in the hope that Nintendo Europe would add some Wii SNES Classic controllers or similar like the Japanese Club Nintendo, but thats looking a bit unlikely. There is still not much in the way of good stuff to purchase on the Stars Catalogue, the best 'affordable' item I could find was the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack for 3850 stars, although unfortunately the Super Mario Galaxy Platinum soundtrack with 2CD's has been unavailable on the UK stars catalogue for some time now.

The cynical part of me thinks Nintendo Europe will probably add some really great items in December just after most peoples stars have expired
    Last edited by Link83; 21-11-2009, 16:21.

Makes me wonder if its even possible to get the gold Zelda statue (15000 stars), let alone the LE Pokemon DS Lite (30000 stars!)

Comment

It would have been possible, my all time total stars redeemed is 26525.
      I did get 4400 stars taken away last time, I was not happy at all. I have been a member since 2003 just looking back on my history I have redeemed against.

Pokemon Box X2 -8000
      Nintendo VIP DS Pack -1000
      Donkey Konga 2 Game Pack -4000
      Expired Stars -4400
      Soundtrack: Super Mario Galaxy Platinum Edition -4850

Thats all I have got since 2003, man
      Did notice Baten Kaitos 8 Track Soundtrack CD is on there now.

Comment

I don't even enter them in now.

Comment

i've only ever used them to buy wii points

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            It would have been possible, my all time total stars redeemed is 26525.
            considering they expire stars that haven't been spent within 2 year, how is possible with the number of games they release every year?

Even if you got 250 stars for every game registered (you don't anymore, depends on RRP of game brought), you would still need to register 60 games with the 2 yrs!

my total is about 25000 since 2003, but most of that has been wasted on crap because I didn't want them to expire and they never have anything good in stock. At the moment I've got 9700 that I can use, and hope to save up for Zelda statue but have a gut feeling a large chuck will be expiring within the next few months

Comment

You can use points towards an mp3 album on the EMI store. I spent 3000 today and got Pink Floyd's Pulse (26 tracks) worth £14.99.

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
                considering they expire stars that haven't been spent within 2 year, how is possible with the number of games they release every year?

Even if you got 250 stars for every game registered (you don't anymore, depends on RRP of game brought), you would still need to register 60 games with the 2 yrs!

my total is about 25000 since 2003, but most of that has been wasted on crap because I didn't want them to expire and they never have anything good in stock. At the moment I've got 9700 that I can use, and hope to save up for Zelda statue but have a gut feeling a large chuck will be expiring within the next few months
                He said 'my all time total redeemed' as in if he hadn't spent any and none expired...

My grand total is 30150

I've bought:

Mario LTD Edition Gamecube controller 5000
                Kirby: Amazing Mirror (GBA) 5000
                Metroid zero mission (GBA) 5000
                Zelda: Collectors edition (Gamecube) 4500
                Mariokart stopwatch 3500
                pac pix stylus 1500
                pokemon box 4000

and some odd screensavers

Comment

Stars that expire. What sort of ****ing **** incentive is that to give to your customers?? Thanks for nothing, Nintendo....

Tossers.

Comment

Yeah, why do they have to expire anyway?

Comment

Cause Nintendo hate us

Comment

Makes me wonder if its even possible to get the gold Zelda statue (15000 stars), let alone the LE Pokemon DS Lite (30000 stars!)
                        Well, for instance, you get 50 points for every download on the VC or Wiware, that means if you bought about a thousand games you could get them both....

I just tried to add some old Gamecube games that I had forgoit to add years ago, they dont seem to work anymore, has nintendo stoped letting you use them?
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 26-11-2009, 01:48.

Comment

Dont forget - only four days left to check if you have any expiring stars! I posted this same warning info over at the n-europe forums and quite a few other people had stars expiring, so its not just me.

I dont think its possible either, maybe the gold Zelda statue is at a push, but certainly not the LE Pokemon DS Lite which is very 'overpriced'.

Originally posted by Alex_976 View Post
                          I don't even enter them in now.
                          I thought of doing that, but theres very little point in keeping them because even the stars leaflet code expires three and a half years after the games release date. Given that I now buy most of my games when they are reduced 1-2 years after release if I didnt enter the codes when I bought them I would probably never get to enter them at all!

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                          Yeah, why do they have to expire anyway?
                          I think its just Nintendo's way of making sure nobody can accumulate a massive amount of stars as was probably happening for many years due to the lack of decent real items on the stars catalogue.

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          I just tried to add some old Gamecube games that I had forgoit to add years ago, they dont seem to work anymore, has nintendo stoped letting you use them?
                          As far as I know all GameCube and Game Boy Advance stars leaflets expired earlier this year despite not having an actual expiry date printed on the leaflets

Nintendo updated the terms and conditions a couple of years ago and added something about GC/GBA leaflets expiring after 22nd March 2009. The old stars leaflets are now only good for collectors who want a complete game. Theres one or two games that still have valid stars, theres a list here under "Can I still register Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance games?":-
                          Visit Nintendo UK's official website for everything you need to know about Nintendo!

I think it was with the launch of the Wii that they actually started printing expiry dates on the stars leaflets (Although the date is usually in the small print)
                          Last edited by Link83; 26-11-2009, 17:11.

Comment

Well this thread is a kick in the pants.

Have a load of GBA and GC games where I never got around to using the codes (some were bargains I picked up when stores were shifting stock for cheap so I have still sealed) so probably got thousands of unused points gone to waste.

As others have mentioned I stopped adding them when it became clear they would expire because the EU catalogue was almost universally ****. Guess when I get a moment at the weekend I'll go through my my DS games (loads of those) and GC games (not so many of them ) and register them.

Comment

Currently up to 5435 points now with about three and half more piles of DS games to check through as well as my Wii games and I think 1150 points to claim for Virtual Console/Wiiware purchases but I simply can't cope with completing the survey they insist you complete for each registration any more times today.

According to my account 17235 points to date although I have spent a few over the years. Gutted about all the lost GBA/GC points I must have though.

Comment

Working...
                              X