Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering gamertag issue - any advice?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to recover a gamertag for live, so that I can re-download the arcade games I purchased on it. I'm currently on my fourth gamertag (don't ask!) - and it appears I've used the same email address to set up two of the older tags. I can't remember the password for the account I'm trying to access again - and if I click 'forgot password' live assumes I'm after the other tag on the same email account.

Any advice? If it's to contact MS, if anyone knows the best line of approach, I'd appreciate it!

Alternatively, is there any way that MS would let me redownload the games from the old gamertag under my new one? I have a suspicion that's now allowed....

Thanks
    Tony

Nope they wont. I had similar issues when I got a new Xbox with my "fake" US account. Fortunately I managed to move it from the old console.

If you know the answers to your security question, credit card used, and address registered then you'll be fine. I didn't and they can't do anything if you can't provide the info.
    Last edited by tommychong; 19-04-2010, 15:49. Reason: damnit, didn't realise this was so old. Sorry n00b

Comment

Working...
    X