[comments] Uncharted 2 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post

It's true that the site has lost some of its relevance in regards to importing as the market has changed, but the melting pot of enthusiasm has never diluted or had its focus diverted.

Here here!!!

My first import console was a Megadrive in 1989 from Nippon with a few games. I imported because it was the only option open to me. I never wanted to play obscure weird import games in 1989, I wanted to get hold of the AAA titles and games that interested me. Ghouls n Ghosts in the front room! Woohoo!

The situation is different now. I can get my games via DLC, Bluray or DVD on the www. No stress, just based on price.

This forum is a fantasic place & allows people to discuss their hobby with peers in a well controlled & mature atmosphere. Many of us older types do genuinly get a bit offended by GamesFAQ type forums and we wouldn't feel happy sharing our thoughts without good mods taking care of business.

The reviews do have a place in all of this. They are an extension of the first play thread & a place our members can share their thoughts.

This particular review cause drawn critism, & I was one of the people making that critism. But I don't see a review and first play as being so very different, it's just an opinion.

It would be a crying shame to lose the review section, but I really do wish there was a "Review Board" for consistant scores. I also would like tighter integration with the first play thread in the boarders of the review, and the oppertunity for blue members to add their own score, with a comment, that then contributed to the "NTSC-uk member score"

Then we get:

- Semi Pro review by the team
    - A score that is voted on by the team
    - Mash up of the First Play info in the review boarder, selecting content could be a job for a mod
    - Community score and comments section (Moderated)

That's my 2p

Whatever happens this place is still my port of call for games chat!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post

It would be a crying shame to lose the review section, but I really do wish there was a "Review Board" for consistant scores. I also would like tighter integration with the first play thread in the boarders of the review, and the oppertunity for blue members to add their own score, with a comment, that then contributed to the "NTSC-uk member score"
      The only trouble with multiple people just giving a score, they might not have actualy finished the game. For instance InFamous was gonna be one of my games of the year until I got alot further into it was too long a game to be having so little variety about it and got bored, it went from a 9 to a 6 or 7 to me in a short space of time.

Though having said that I got the impression that the reviewer of Uncharted 2 had hardly played it at all, and i think recently some people had simular feelings about the Battlefield 1943 review, so maybe it wouldnt make much difference.

Comment

This is why reviewing a game some time afterwards has a point. It gives people more time to play the game, digest it, and reflect on it. Less opportunity for hype overload or a lack of playtime.

The flipside of rmoxon's experience with Infamous is those who grow to like a game, like many in the Fallout 3 thread.

Comment

Working...
        X