Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you happy with your online gaming service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern Warfare 2 bannings begin on 360 and of course people complain!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...one-banned.ars
      That's actually the first time I've seen it!

It's that simple? I dunno, I'd say that a suspension until patch comes out would be fairer...I mean, it's not like people are hardcore glitching, it's a 5 second job!

That said, being easy doesn't excuse people doing it. I'm guessing it snowballed, people saw others doing it and thought "Sod this, why should I be punished"...not my cup of tea personally, I'd rather not play than cheat.

I'm actually shocked at how easy that is! Infinity Ward need shooting for that.

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
      We need to play more Jebus, I always see u online and we never send invites
      One of the problems I have with online gaming is that being an early shift worker, I'm usually in bed by about half nine of an evening which is usually when people are getting into it! I tend to play more in the afternoons whilst the kids are at school etc.

But yeah, I'm usually up for a game, currently playing Fifa, Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.
      Last edited by Jebus; 07-12-2009, 08:21.

Comment

When you think of some of the stuff that happens on Live, banning people for this seems a bit dull.

No denying glitches like this spoil it for everyone but this smacks of MS having a knee jerk reaction to a problem with what is still seen as the biggest game of 2009 (and one that they're hoping will probably put a few Xbox's under the tree this year).

I wonder if they'd be so quick to stomp down on people for using the glitch in Terminator Salvation to get achievements.

When you compare this to some of the behaviour that allegedly goes on during games of UNO, you have to wonder where Microsoft's priorities are actually at.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          When you compare this to some of the behaviour that allegedly goes on during games of UNO, you have to wonder where Microsoft's priorities are actually at.
          Canadians/Drugs?

Comment

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...one-banned.ars
            That's a crap article. They are confusing the temporary bans MS are dishing out to gamertags and the permanent bans on consoles that pirates get. A temporary 24 ban on Live for cheating seems like a fair punishment imo.

And comparing the javelin glitch to rocket jumping is nonsense. One is clearly an unrealistic exploit that would never have been allowed had it been picked up in testing, the other is a risk/reward mechanic that uses the physics of the game to benefit the skilled player in the right scenario.

Comment

There is no denying that article does have its own agenda in there, still ole stepto the head live guy did say people would get temp bans for glitching. Suppose something like achievement glitching goes unnoticed unless it stops other players from enjoying their game online or ruins state of play.

Comment

Major Nelson and Stepto discuss this on MN's latest podcast. Skip to around the 18:45 mark.

Comment

Suppose something like achievement glitching goes unnoticed unless it stops other players from enjoying their game online or ruins state of play.
                  I thought they banned that as well? Giving you a "zero gamerscore" reset and a tag that says "I'm a cheater"?

I'm sure I read something about that about a year ago, roughly Gears of War 2 time.

Comment

I only play Street Fighter 4 online & in thousands of fights I can only think of 1 where there seemed like some dodginess going on (& it probably wasn't anything of the sort anyway).

The ragequitting without penalty irritates me, as does the reams of abuse you get for winning, but it's not a dealbreaker. Anyone who's a dick just gets blocked

Comment

Working...
                    X