ESPN NHL Hockey - oh my GOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN NHL Hockey - oh my GOD!

When was the last time a sports genre evolved this far in one game? This really has come out of nowhere - awesome job, Sega!

Do the Sega Sports games get released in Europe? (Just curious)

Comment

Well this is my import-crazy mate's copy, but I'm sure as hell getting a copy of this asap. I'm pretty sure Sega Sports titles come out in Europe (thinking back to Dreamcast days).

Comment

Can you play NHL online?

Comment

ESPN NFL Football is also excellent, EA Sports Madden 2004 looks very poor by comparison.

Makes me wish Sega and Visual Concepts would make an effort at a Football (Soccer) game, but keep smilebit the hell away

Comment

Originally posted by Inertia_
            When was the last time a sports genre evolved this far in one game? This really has come out of nowhere - awesome job, Sega!
            Are these the evolution of the old Sega Sports series on DC?

I absolutely LOVED those!

Ordered both.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
              Are these the evolution of the old Sega Sports series on DC?

I absolutely LOVED those!
              They are indeed. Though the heavy use of the ESPN license has kinda transformed them - they're all the better for it as well.

EA would be advised to **** their pants about now, methinks.

Comment

I ordered NFL 2K4 and NBA 2K4 for XBOX. I got NHL 2K3 on XBox and love it at live but I am crap at it. my tactics is mainly shut everything out and try to nick a goal. How can I shoot anyway as I am poor at scoring goals.

Comment

I find the best bet is to have one of your winger guys LW or RW i think they r labeled go round the back of the net, then pass it back out to the center guy , he's labeled C, press and hold X and bam, one timer right in. works a good amount of the time

Comment

Is it worth upgrading to NHL 2K4 from NHL 2K3 as I only play it occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
                      I find the best bet is to have one of your winger guys LW or RW i think they r labeled go round the back of the net, then pass it back out to the center guy , he's labeled C, press and hold X and bam, one timer right in. works a good amount of the time
                      LOL. I can only imagine how I'd sound trying to talk about your football player position names...

Comment

hehe, isnt NHL2k3 the EA one? I didnt think sega did an NHL2k3, if they did and I missed it im going to be mighty pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
                          hehe, isnt NHL2k3 the EA one? I didnt think sega did an NHL2k3, if they did and I missed it im going to be mighty pissed.
                          It was made by Sega I'm afraid, all the 2K series games are Sega, EA ones are always 200X

Comment

Last year the Sega Sports games took over 9 months to arrive for PAL regions... in fact I believe that means they were released this year...

Luckily though it looks like it will be a shorter wait this time, NFL and NHL appear to listed as October 30th for Australia so I suspect the UK will be the same.

Im picking up both ESPN NHL and NFL... they look excellent.

Unfortunately Crimson Skies and XIII are out the same day... ouch.

Comment

Yup, they are due out in October in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X