[Arcade] Wing War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Arcade] Wing War

Does anyone remember a SEGA arcade game called Wing War?

Mutant Fighter is a Videogame by Data East (circa 1992). Warriors clash against each other in a series of Death Matches in a quest to claim the throne and become king or queen of all fighters.

It was usually a two-player head to head cab, each player chose a vehicle from a selection of vehicles from different time periods and had a duel over a city - it was pretty cool to have the Red Baron in his bi-plane vs. an F16 - not realistic at all, but pretty damn cool.

Does anyone know if this game was ever ported to a console in its original form (I have a sequel of sorts, called Wing Arms, on the Saturn) or can be played via emulation?

Thanks

-M-

Yes I loved this game. Utterly fantastic. Once you destroyed all of the opponents there was a special suprise boss to duel.

Anyway, afaik it was never ported to a home console and isn't emulated. Which is a damn shame. I'm still praying that one day Sega will give us an update of this long forgotten classic.

Comment

this was one of the last model 1 Sega games (it came out about the same time as Daytona which is model 2)

None of Sega's model 1 boards are emulated on Mame (yet)

Comment

Working...
      X