Welcome to StopKill.Com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to StopKill.Com

Here we go again. "Video games made my son, my beautiful son, into an axe-wielding homicdal maniac" part 4096.

Will it ever end?

Brilliant. They're kind enough to leave Jack Thomson's email address:

[email protected]

People with more time on your hands than me... do your worst.

Comment

Is this site entirely for real then? i remember reading about another site similar to the one above. It recieved numerous complaints from irate gamers only for it to be a students project of some sort.
      Though if its real i despair i really do. No one blames themselves anymore.

Comment

In April 1999, eight days before Columbine, Jack Thompson appeared on national television to identify the role that shooter video games, specifically Doom, would play in future school shootings. A week later in Littleton, Colorado, Klebold and Harris, who obsessively trained on Doom, killed thirteen. The video game company had sold them software that allowed them to transpose or "morph" the faces of their classmates from their Columbine yearbook onto bodies of the virtual humans they practiced killing for months.
        @ "Trained" & "practiced"
        K & H probably saw Jack Thompson's TV show, which gave them the idea to go on a killing rampage that they could blame on Doom.
        Jack Thompson is the root of all evil. Not videogames.

Comment

Not wanting to trivialise teh issue too much, but when I was playing Pikmin, I was really training up to kill small bugs in my gardens.....oh yeah and you should see the carnage I cause after learning to paint with Mario Paint, I was on that for hours, training and practising to paint people to death with my mouse...oh yeah, the mouse kills all, and the control pad, yeah, have you seen the damage keyboards can do, you can take like 12 or 14 people out at least, the "W,A,S,D" clan they are a nastly bunch.

Comment

That site is indeed real.

Jack Thomson is a US lawyer currently trying to put forward a litigation against video game companies. He's the one behind the recent GTA drive by shooting story.

There have been enough court cases in the US where the video game comapnies have won, so at least there is a good precidence already set in case law.

Clearly, Jack has seen that there maybe a few quid in persuing such a case. Blood sucking lawyers in it for the cash. Burn them all.

Regards
            Marty

Comment

I sent the following email to him:

Dear Mr Thompson,

I read with interest your pursuit of the video games industry with regards to them being the real cause of numerous crimes.

I myself feel I have been afflicted by the curse of evil video games, and wondered if you?d be interested in pursing my case. I think there are a number of video games responsible for my actions, and so would like to chase the following for damages.

1) After years of playing Tetris, I can now no longer walk past building sites without the need to rearrange the stacks of bricks present on the constructions. This is also a problem at home when arranging my shopping. I have to leave a gap to where I can slot in a long thin block. As you can imagine, this has lead to numerous embarrassing situations, and brushes with the authorities.

2) The driving game Gran Turismo is the prime cause for my speeding. I now find it impossible to drive a car without having to race other people at illegal and dangerous speeds. This has lead to a number of points on my driving license.

3) In my youth, I was subjected to hours of playing Pac Man. I feel that this has lead to my obesity problem

4) Elders Scrolls 3 : Morrowind. For months I played this game, and I suddenly found myself breaking into people?s houses, slaughtering them without thought and stealing their belongings. This has lead, subsequently, to several murder charges.

Point four I believe to be the most lucrative action, and also the most pressing as I?m sure it could lead to death row.

If you?re interested in talking to me, I can be contacted on the above e-mail address.

Best Regards
              MartyG

Comment

Keep us updated MartyG

I especially loved the Pacman one - I am sure many an American could use that one to explain their obesity problems away

Comment

LOL, nice one Marty.

The irony will almost certain be lost on him, so expect an email asking if you can provide evidence of your condiitions.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                    Not wanting to trivialise teh issue too much, but when I was playing Pikmin, I was really training up to kill small bugs in my gardens.....oh yeah and you should see the carnage I cause after learning to paint with Mario Paint, I was on that for hours, training and practising to paint people to death with my mouse...oh yeah, the mouse kills all, and the control pad, yeah, have you seen the damage keyboards can do, you can take like 12 or 14 people out at least, the "W,A,S,D" clan they are a nastly bunch.
                    LOL...i thought the 'catch people in a massive jar' game from Wario Ware was quite useful too

Comment

"Videogames warped my fragile little mind".

Comment

I can`t believe that site is for real?
                        Whatever sent him a short mail-

Have you seen a cartoon of late? Seen the news?
                        Get real.
                        Have a nice day

--------------------------------------------------------
                        People like that should realy get a life and stop trying to **ck with other peoples. ft:

Comment

This website might be a hoax, sure. Either way, perhaps I'll get a response to what I just sent there:

Subj: May he bless you for your work!

Dear Mr. Jack Thompson,

one of our fellow sisters came upon your internet page in her research for appropriate entertainment computer programs for the young. At our youth activity facility we devote our time to the kids and adolescents of Mount Horeb, administering the Sunday school affairs and engaging in thoughtful playtime events.

We followed the link provided on your wonderful homepage to www.rockstargames.com and trusting your unquestioned authority on the matter of suitable programs for youngsters, called the CompUSA store in Madison and ordered 25 pieces of "GTA three" to be picked up next week by the caretaker of our premises. It is our intention to distribute the copies to our "Gold Donators" throughout the community as an example how fun non-violent computer play can be.

Thank you for your appreciated recommendation and may the Lord keep on watching over your work!

Best regards,

Eleonore Walters
                          Holy Mission Church
                          Mount Horeb, WI

------
                          I'll keep you posted to what flies into this newly created hotmail account of mine.

Comment

The information contained on the site is certainly correct, though I had a look at the domain, and it belongs to a bandwidth provider, so the email address is likely fake. I have tried to track down his law firm, and subsequently contact info but I've had limited success.

Mr Thompson is, however, a genuine lawyer.

Rah! Found an email address: [email protected] - whether it is still current or not I do not know, but I have sourced it from a number of places. It would appear that our forthright lawyer had a great deal of interest in seeing Clinton hung by his balls.

Regards
                            Marty

Comment

Thats really a classic email chevkoch

Just make sure you keep us updated on any responses you get from this guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X