Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Mobile/touchscreen game recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Mobile/touchscreen game recommendations?

got myself a sexy new HTC HD2 with a 4.3 inch WVGA screen. now i look forward to feed it some games or emulators which make good use of windows mobile 6.5 and the capacitive touchscreen. any recommendations besides the two finds i listed below?

Xtrakt:

PSone Emulator FPSEce (0.9.6)

Ha! There must be some good offers on that phone at the moment in Deutschland, as my nephew has just got one (he's in K?ln).

Is it really any good? he chose it over the N900, which I have played with a bit and thought was very good.

Comment

I have an HD2 too. Currently I'm using an Iphone 3Gs, the Touch HD2, the HTC Snap and a Samsung B7330.

As a work device the HD2 is very impressive, but it is shameful that WinMo 6.5 is so poor that HTC has to build "HTC Sense" on top of it. I will be honest the 1gHz CPU and wonderful screen do make this a great device, the best works (PIM and office) PDA I have ever used. It takes my 3Gs chews it up and spits it out for breakfast.

For private use, the Iphone is in its own league. My biggest irritation with the 3Gs is the lack of user changeable battery, and reliance on Itunes for certain phone configuration tasks. That said it too does a reasonable job of ActiveSync, and PIM is fine, but it's the games and fun apps that make it a great device.

Despite the fact the PSX emulation is 100% on the HD2, I still would never suggest it as device for a gamer. The Iphone is that toy.

For business professionals the HD2 is an excellent choice, with superb screen, but it is let down by the (nearly) hidden OS.

I hope that a the mobile world congress the new mobile windows 7 will breath life back into the MS Mobile platform. As it stands now, I feel its almost like MS have given up.

Fingers crossed we will get WinMo7 on the HD2 at the end of 2010.

Comment

Windows Mobile is excellent for emulators but I'm not sure how many original games there are.

The OS is really frustrating, I had a winmo phone and it was horribly unreliable. When an alarm clock is buggy you know something's deeply wrong. v.7 looks excellent though, hopefully HTC will give you a firmware update

Comment

@ gunrock
          well, due to its huge commercial success the iPhone is still the better phone for gamers. but in respect to tech specs the HD2 easily outperformes the 3GS in every way and should therefore be a great machine for tech geeks and modders.

@ Capcom
          i too hope that Windows Mobile 7 will fix the comparativley poor software/OS situation for this device. i think HTC already confirmed that HD2 owners should be able to upgrade for free. meanwhile there are some fixes an great tweeks available for the HD2. i can provide you the links if you are too lazy to google for them. oh, and have to ask: what do you do with 4 smartphones mate? building a collection?

but back to the games. i downloaded Namco's Galaga and Ms. Pac Man. both nice ports but Galaga is nearly impossible to control with the touchscreen. i guess this games were made for Pocket PC utilizing hardware buttons.

so any recommendations?
          Last edited by Uli; 08-01-2010, 16:20.

Comment

Watching windows mobile 7 in development, I can say that it's looking promising as a mobile gaming platform, making much better use of the processors in today's mobile devices, so we should see some serious iPhone game contenders....and I may even consider changing sides from my iPhone to WM7 if it follows through on it's promises...

Comment

Bump from the past it seems...

just upgraded to a HTC something...got sucked in by xboxlive on the move.

So anyone got any good games, both for entertainment value and also gamerscore whoring

Comment

Working...
              X