Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up VC on an NTSC Wii in UK

hello all
    as the title suggests, i need to set up and download games via VC on my Wii.

is there anything special i need to do? do i need to register a US address?

Set your country to Brasil if you need to buy points. So long since I did this though I don't know if it has changed.

Comment

softmod it and use anyregion changer. I changed my pal wii to ntsc, but still kept the uk shop channel (for bbc iplayer etc). It's not a difficult process

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstar View Post
        softmod it and use anyregion changer. I changed my pal wii to ntsc, but still kept the uk shop channel (for bbc iplayer etc). It's not a difficult process
        He has an NTSC Wii already. To be honest I'd rather have the NTSC VC channel given the choice, often has games Europe doesnt and everythings 60hz and borderless

Iplayer works on the internet channel no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
          Iplayer works on the internet channel no?
          Sadly not now, the BBC has moved it to a separate channel download and you can't get that without connecting to the UK shop. Bummer for me also...

But there's no issue connecting to the net or using any channels you can download here in the UK with a US Wii. And as noted, if you want to buy points on your credit card, change the country to Brazil as you only need to enter a postcode to verify.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

There is nothing different about connecting your NA Wii online. Works excatly the same us a PAL Wii.

Apart from setting your country to Brazil, you could always take the Ebay route and buy Nintendo points for around $20 with the codes delivered via email. If you look carefully you can get them for around $17 (around ?10). Far better than those inflated PAL prices.

Comment

Mine's always been set as brazil since i got it at launch. Just used it for the 1st time in ages the other day and thankfully the brazil trick still works.

Comment

Working...
              X