Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai Shodown Anthology PS2 PAL?

Wondering if anyone can help me here.
    I'm unsure as to whether this has been released in PAL land on the PS2. Some websites say it was released March I think last year. Nowhere has it in stock online, the only copy on eBay is in India (and has been for some while). Shopto.net says it isn't released until March 2010 but date has been knocked back at least 3 times now.
    Yeah, so if anyone knows anything about it, would like to hear from you. Thanks

To my knowledge it has never been released in the UK. I was keeping an eye on this as well, and I have given up hope.

Comment

Yeah this same topic was brought up last year and I don't think anyone could give a definite answer. I've been after this game myself since before the supposedly Mar 09 release date, but I've never been able to find a copy, or even see a copy listed for sale anywhere except for Shopto.net. THey've had it listed for ages as a pre-order, which judging by most of the stuff on their site listed as such, could mean anything.

I've emailed Ignition Entertainment several times asking them if it has even been released yet, or when a future release date might be, but I've never received a reply from them yet. Mind you, the rest of their "published" games seem to be harder to track down than WMDs as well.

Comment

It'll probably be another "by PAL they mean everywhere else except the UK" it's definately available in France and Germany as it's on Amazon, really can't see us getting it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          It'll probably be another "by PAL they mean everywhere else except the UK" it's definately available in France and Germany as it's on Amazon, really can't see us getting it now.
          I wonder if it was the retailers being arsey, like they have been for Muramasa. Not much point releasing it here if most shops won't stock it, and this is why it always amazes me that the monopolies comission okayed the merger of Game and Gamestation.

Comment

Thanks for that guys. It certainly looks like it's one of those games which has only been released in certain areas of PAL land; I didn't appreciate you could buy it in Germany/France so thanks for that.
            Not many shops stock PS2 any more as far as I can tell. HMV has a small section where I am, Gamestation and Game both have a small basket full of faeces.

Comment

Originally posted by Silanda View Post
              I wonder if it was the retailers being arsey, like they have been for Muramasa. Not much point releasing it here if most shops won't stock it, and this is why it always amazes me that the monopolies comission okayed the merger of Game and Gamestation.
              Possibly, seems odd that they released the Wii version in the UK, stores probably thought it would sell better on that system thanks to it's current popularity here, I'd have thought the PS2 would have been the better target audience though for that sort of title.

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
              I didn't appreciate you could buy it in Germany/France so thanks for that.
              You shouldn't have too much trouble ordering from either the french or german amazon sites if you really want the game, I had to buy a 360 title from them recently thanks to the same problem of the game I was after not getting a UK release.
              Last edited by Phar; 14-01-2010, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
              X