lpcm/dts ma on ps3 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lpcm/dts ma on ps3 games?

just picked myself up the lovely denon avr-1910 and wanting recommendations the best ps3 games with the above formats?

Uncharted and Uncharted 2 sound amazing, and have LPCM audio. Killzone 2 is good for it's audio capabilities as well, though there are multiplayer maps in that game which have way too much going on so there is too much sound and it's just crazily loud.

Comment

Colin McRae Dirt (first game) uses LPCM 7.1 audio and ambisonic sound. I think that's probably the most advanced audio ever used in a console game so try that out.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        Colin McRae Dirt (first game) uses LPCM 7.1 audio and ambisonic sound. I think that's probably the most advanced audio ever used in a console game so try that out.
        The most advanced audio until ... Race Driver: Grid. In this, the Ambisonic audio was extended to full-sphere, and from just the PS3 to the PS3 and Xbox 360. In Colin McRae: Dirt 2 the full-sphere Ambisonic audio was then extended to PCs as well.

All three games were made by Codemasters. Here are a couple of interviews with Simon Goodwin who developed the audio engines:

Regards,
        Martin

Comment

Working...
        X