No announcement yet.

E211 ? Halo: Reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's never anything wrong with a pre-emptive "I'm cancelling my subscription!" post or amusing GIF.

Never!

Comment

thats it i am RENEWING my subscription.....

Comment

I'll bite the bullet and complain.

At the end of the Halo Reach feature it directs me to the Edge website for more content about it.

Am I being unreasonable by not liking this?

It is a growing trend with magazines. EGM did it and the new EGM is going to do it as well. I buy the magazine as I value their written content in printed form and I want all of a feature's content in the mag.

Comment

Maybe... It's a simple fact that print journalism is in a fight for survival and they're going to continue to cultivate new revenue streams to prevent their ultimate demise.

I read far more stuff in print than online. I even buy newspapers several times a week.

Comment

Both Edge and GamesTM giving Darksiders a 6 when it's averaging 8 everywhere else...
            Personally, I think they've both dropped the ball on this one.

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.

Comment

I agree they have dropped the ball, there is no way it's worth an 8.
              As for the Halo stuff continuing online, it's obvious they are holding back so they can sell us DLC after the magazines launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                Both Edge and GamesTM giving Darksiders a 6 when it's averaging 8 everywhere else...
                Personally, I think they've both dropped the ball on this one.

http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/.../articles.html
                Please tell me you're being ironic? Having a contrasting view to the majority is far from dropping the ball. It's but their opinion, you don't have to agree with it, you don't even have to like it, but you do need to accept it as valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  Please tell me you're being ironic? Having a contrasting view to the majority is far from dropping the ball. It's but their opinion, you don't have to agree with it, you don't even have to like it, but you do need to accept it as valid.
                  Not at all.
                  I personally think every RTS should get 2/10 because I don't like them, does that mean my opinion is valid?

A reviewer of high profile mags like this are supposed to be a professional in what they rating and if their review is way off what the majority is say, then IMO it makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about, whether it's their opinion or not

Comment

Oh man, here we go again.

I personally think every RTS should get 2/10 because I don't like them, does that mean my opinion is valid?
                    Yes of course it is.

A reviewer of high profile mags like this are supposed to be a professional in what they rating and if their review is way off what the majority is say, then IMO it makes them look like they don't know what they're talking about, whether it's their opinion or not
                    No, it makes them just look like they have an alternative opinion. See the Games TM thread for a good debate on this.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      I'll bite the bullet and complain.

At the end of the Halo Reach feature it directs me to the Edge website for more content about it.

Am I being unreasonable by not liking this?

It is a growing trend with magazines. EGM did it and the new EGM is going to do it as well. I buy the magazine as I value their written content in printed form and I want all of a feature's content in the mag.
                      Just noticed that as well, its not just a sentence and pic, its more or less a good page left out the mag, which quite frankly is b*****s, especially as its the main feature of the issue

Comment

Contrary to what you may believe, being in the majority doesn't mean you're always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                          Contrary to what you may believe, being in the majority doesn't mean you're always right.
                          Quoted for truth. The majority of the record-buying public bought Joe Dolce's "Shaddap you face", doesn't mean it's a great record, now does it?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                            Quoted for truth. The majority of the record-buying public bought Joe Dolce's "Shaddap you face", doesn't mean it's a great record, now does it?
                            Whatsa madda you, hey? Why you looka so sad?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              I thought they were supposed to have finished the fight 2 games ago?
                              Surely this one shold be 'Start the fight' ?

Comment

Not at all.

I said somthing simular in the games tm thread amd got into a big argument with Brats about it, hes turned up here now too so watch out .

A reviewer should like the genre and I think generaly in magazines they usualy do. Cant be sure though, the only other magazine I read besides Games tm is PC Zone, in the magazine the same guy reviews football manager every single year, the same person reviews most of the big first person shooters, ect ect.

Edge and Games tm seem to be alot colder in their writing than somthing like PC zone though (which appears to have a kind of family atmosphere too it, akin to somthing like giantbomb with its podcasts and general comunity feel). I imagine the staff at Edge and games tm are all robots that score games in a completley different way to how a human being would, it would explain alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X