My idea for NeoGeo2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tankplanker
    To me it wouldn't be a Neo Geo unless it was the biggest and baddest hardware out there, and that includes knocking those cocky PCs back down.

Its a real shame that playmore don't have a hardware budget for this.
    It has to be about 400 quid too.
    You know, to keep the bloody peasants away

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
      To me it wouldn't be a Neo Geo unless it was the biggest and baddest hardware out there, and that includes knocking those cocky PCs back down.

Stick in a giant robot, and you've got a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
        Originally posted by Leynos
        In terms of technology, I think they'd be better off on the Xbox too. The Dreamcast is a great system, but it's definitely a good bit behind the Xbox in terms of graphical ability. You can say "graphics don't mater", but I think it's sensible to want the games to be the best they can be. And that includes access to the best graphics capability.
        THANK YOU
        *bows down*
        You said exactly what I've been trying to say for ages.
        Erm, I disagree with you both. You've got to remember that SNK/Playmore don't make games with cutting-edge graphics - the DC probably has more than enough power for what they will use it for. You can't see them suddenly wanting to create a 3D FPS with spectacular graphics instead of KoF 2003 and Metal Slug 5, can you?

The DC hardware is cheaper to manufacture and Playmore are probably already familar with it. But it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
          You can't see them suddenly wanting to create a 3D FPS with spectacular graphics instead of KoF 2003 and Metal Slug 5, can you?
          How about 'Nam-1976 or something.

Comment

Interesting, that when the soldiers bum around cities trying to get a meal or something? (The Nam war ended in er 1975...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger

Well then it would match the cost of the games. (about ?200 each for new titles currently?)

Comment

$300ish.
                So the RRP of a NeoGeo game shouldnt be more than ?190, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                  Interesting, that when the soldiers bum around cities trying to get a meal or something? (The Nam war ended in er 1975...)
                  Yeah, I know. You've got to call the sequel something tho. Okay. NAM-197X. Yeah.

Comment

Nam 1976 - Lost Platoon

see, its easy.

Comment

Hows about they buyout the "Missing in Action" film licence to allow a stream of sequels where commie butt can be well and truely kicked well into the mid 80's.

Comment

Nice points being raised, but sadly, such a project would be doomed to failure, even in Japan.

The reason being that hardware with the Neo Geo philosophy already exists in the home.

Neo Geo home system was an arcade machine with a modified BIOS.

The current machines are exactly the same as their arcade counterparts apart from differences in memory - but essentially they are the same.

The difference is now that no-one makes 2D games any more and thusly we have perfect ports of Initial D, House of the Dead 3 and F-Zero instead of Metal Slug, Windjammers and King of Fighters.

Rebadging a Dreamcast as a Neo Geo and releasing it as a new console would be pointless as Playmore has neither the man power to produce enough games to keep it going or the audience to sell it to.

Comment

Originally posted by replicant

what poor lighting and slow framerates?

:P
                          Oh shadupaya face!

Comment

perhaps instead them just making more dc ports. why god why does the dc not have metal slug, if it had that it would be the best in home arcade (on a console) experience bar a real neo geo (excluding mame because thats just cheating). Bah xbox what ya talking about thats a terrible idea, totally wrong target audience for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
                              perhaps instead them just making more dc ports. why god why does the dc not have metal slug, if it had that it would be the best in home arcade (on a console) experience bar a real neo geo (excluding mame because thats just cheating).
                              The Dreamcast may not have a Metal Slug, but the Atomiswave (DC hardware) has Dolphin Blue, which is reportedly made by some ex-Metal Slug programmers. Start those petitions now!

Originally posted by df0notfound
                              Bah xbox what ya talking about thats a terrible idea, totally wrong target audience for starters.
                              On the contrary. The Xbox is a blank slate for people to make of what they will. The opportunity is there for SNK Playmore to make the Xbox their own.

Later.

Comment

Why release games for Xbox, when the PS2 version will undoubtedly sell more.....?

Comment

Working...
                                X