Real life character creations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real life character creations

I've noticed myself doing this more lately, I've been watching films and TV shows and looking at certain actors and thinking
    "You look very much like a random NPC in an RPG"

or

"What tie in game have I played that has you in?"

It appears the line between games and real life are starting to blur a little too much for me and I'm getting very confused.

Don't you think Michael Cera looks like an unlockable skater in a Tony Hawks game?

Have't I seen Fringe's Dr Walter Bishop looking vacant in A Half Life game?

Why is it that Cate Blanchett looks like she should be giving me the lowdown in a pre mission briefing for a UBIsoft FMV?

I haven't had that or noticed anyone looking like game people before.

But I have been know to look for repeating textures in real life. Walls, leaves and so on. So far, I haven't found any.

Comment

Recently I've been checking for UAVs, thinking about switching to stinger, whenever I hear a helicopter or propellor plane. I've not noticed the character thing. Yet. Now that you've mentioned it, I'm sure I'll get your affliction. Thanks.

Comment

Last thing I can remember along these lines was after playing Crackdown I found myself sizing up any large building I walked past to work out how my Agent would go about scaling it.

Comment

Yeah, I had the same thing with Crackdown. Ledges and windows just leapt out every time I saw a tall building. It's a common thing with Crackdown players, from what I've seen in various places online.

Every few years I replay Majora's Mask and there's always a moment where I go outside (in real life) and find it strange that there isn't a big ugly moon overhead staring menacingly. I really get used to it being there in the game.

Comment

I remember having the instinct to shoot out the lights under walkway in Elgin. One of those You-know-you've-played-too-much-GoldenEye-when: moments...

Comment

This cover with Aaron Turner always reminds me of Gordon Freeman.

Comment

Eric Pollard from Emmerdale IS Old Snake. Just needs the eyepatch.

Comment

I saw Dave Gorman recently and kept thinking Id' seen him in a game

Comment

Working...
                  X