Hell has frozen over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell has frozen over

An official Nintendo peripheral has ****ed up on me. I can't quite believe it. My lovely indigo GC controller has locked up and the analogue stick cannot calibrate correctly. It's stuck in some ****ed up forward direction.

I don't actually know what to say ever since the NES then my trusty US SNES and it's six lovely purple controllers then lastly onto the N64 and four spangly coloured manta rays I've always believed Nintendo controllers to be infallible.

This is a sad sad day. Nintendo are doomed I say.

No its proof that the Gamecube IS their best console ever, and you have been using it too much.

Comment

My GC disc drive motor suffered damage and started overheating after about 15 minutes play. It took a replacement drive to make it "go" again.

Indeed hell has frozen over. I dropped my US snes down the stairs and it still works.

But not to be too negative about it... these days consoles have much more moving parts which are more prone to wear and tear than solid state stuff so I guess that's just life.

I still love my GC! :P

Comment

Infallible?

Hardly. Maybe you've just been lucky up until now.

I've had dozens of N64 joypads over the years, and to be frank, the analogue stick is skanky. It can't handle much ware and tear... I've still got 3 of the things, and the sticks on them can barely move with any fludity now.

Whereas, my PS Dual Shock and Saturn 3D pad (recently bought second hand) are still going strong...

Comment

Maybe I have been lucky but it's still a shock.

The US SNES while not only being the most attractive console ever produced is also made of the toughest material known to man. NASA scientists tested it in special conditions and everything.

Comment

yeah N64 pads where shocking! The control sticks used to get stiff and gritty within a few months.... Mario Kart 64 didn't help matters nor did HOURS and HOURS of golden eye mahem!

now xbox controller s on the other hand

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
              yeah N64 pads where shocking! The control sticks used to get stiff and gritty within a few months.... Mario Kart 64 didn't help matters nor did HOURS and HOURS of golden eye mahem!

now xbox controller s on the other hand
              I'd say the original Xbox controller is the daddy of them all.

I think it got too much stick just because it looks naff, it is actually the most comfortable off all the controllers (imho) and built like a steel ladle.

Comment

PAH

I have a dead USA snes sitting in my cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                  PAH

I have a dead USA snes sitting in my cupboard.
                  Must have been internal bleeding. The exo skeleton is indestructable.

Comment

I think it saw itself in a mirror and the shock killed it

Was a good excuse to get a Super Famicom tho

Comment

I seriously love the look of the purple US SNES. Especially with a cartridge in it. The Mark 2 version is cute as well. Also are Nintendo going to gradually phase out cardboard boxes for the GBA?

Comment

Both my SNES controllers broke. ft:

Comment

everything of mine still works fine! well, except for my SNES PAL/NTSC convertor, it's done up with sellotape and only works temperamentally, but hey--at least it works sometimes! Otherwise i couldn't play Final Fight!
                          8)

Comment

superkully Posted: Wed Sep 17, 3:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say the original Xbox controller is the daddy of them all.

I think it got too much stick just because it looks naff, it is actually the most comfortable off all the controllers (imho) and built like a steel ladle.
                            You don't happen to have fat american-style fingers by any chance do you?

Seriously, I rank the Xbox controller parallel to the Atari Jaguar controller. I find it a struggle to use and very uncomfortable. Maybe I just have weak fingers but give me a Japanese designed pad any day.

Comment

Master System controlers ruled them all with the dpad falling off after a week

Comment

Working...
                              X