C&C Freeware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&C Freeware

C&C classics are now freeware, get them while theyre hot!

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

Also get me Mc'Neil

Wow, very cool. These are all classics. Definitely looking forward to dling and playing Tiberian Sun again although... I have the cd knocking about somewhere and I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it working properly on my godawful Vista laptop.

Comment

going for red alert, is this the best one for a C+C nooblet haven't played any since the original.

edit: going to get tiberian sun also as its the next one after the original (according to wikipedia)

Thanks!

Comment

I remember trying to do this before, but couldn't get Red Alert's 16-bit installer to work in Windows 7 64-bit

Comment

I have the Red Alert ISOs from the last time. Mmm, Kari Wuhrer...

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            I remember trying to do this before, but couldn't get Red Alert's 16-bit installer to work in Windows 7 64-bit
            Looks like they have repackaged them as just extractable rars containing all the installed directorys and files, although you have to put them in C:/Program Files
            Although doing that and then setting win98 compatibility mode worked first time on win7 64bit here

Comment

Just downloaded Red Alert - it's definately an ISO file with the original 16-bit installer, though Tiberian Sun maybe different.

However, EA themselves link to a rather nice app called Red Alert Setup Manager, which installs the game fine! Just load the ISO image on a virtual drive (or burn to a CD) and run the app.

This is great, I can actually play the game now

Comment

Grabbed these yesterday, looking forward to playing C&C again after all these years.

"I got a present for ya!"

Comment

Working...
                X