Games TM Issue 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Vandal Hearts deserves a lower score just for having the worst art design ever, it looks like some cheesy avatar game that should be avaliable for 80 points, its hard to see past an exterior so tacky, I'm sure i'm not the only one that was put off so much that he couldnt actualy enjoy the game.
    You're not. I lost all interest in it after I saw the horrendous art and especially the character portraits. Extremely shallow? Definitely, but I couldn't be bothered to pay over 10 bucks to play a game that is so dire to look at.

Why, oh why couldn't they copy the original game's art style?

Comment

We're pretty mystified by the 5 too. It does grumble about the framerate, but we fixed that up by the end, so we can only think the review code they got wasn't final.

Certainly elsewhere it's been mid-eighties.

That said they also didn't like SST, could be a Sonic/Sega thing!

---
      S0L
      ---

Comment

Has anyone's subs copy arrived? I heard there was an embargo and all had been delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by S0L View Post
          We're pretty mystified by the 5 too. It does grumble about the framerate, but we fixed that up by the end, so we can only think the review code they got wasn't final.

Certainly elsewhere it's been mid-eighties.

That said they also didn't like SST, could be a Sonic/Sega thing!

---
          S0L
          ---
          Read that most of the early reviews got sent old code by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            Has anyone's subs copy arrived? I heard there was an embargo and all had been delayed.
            Yeah, mine arrived on Wednesday.

Comment

Yesterday for mine.

Comment

There's not many SEGA games I don't enjoy but the Sonic demo was one of them, even if I cant really put my finger on why that was I think it's just the general length of the tracks. I'm someone that much prefers the 30-50second lap times of the 2D Mario Kart's to the 1min+ ones of the newer ones. Might consider when it's cheaper if the general opinion of it is positive, it's crammed full of everything that is SEGA by the looks of it there's obviously alot of work been put into it.

Comment

Aye, Bioshock 2 score is a piss take, mind you, so was the first one.

Comment

I am quite angry about that Monkey Ball score as it is very much going in the right direction again and to have it score less than Banana Blitz which was dull to play and by all respects broken, with pointless boss battles and minigames, that did not work seams weird to me.

But i guess, very much like Edge, the actual game did not come into the thinking when reviewing the game and its more about street cred.

Comment

For me, HR's score is promising and Bioshock 2's is spot on. Only one I'm curious about is Sonic given the scores for Dante and MAG but I'll find out next week

Comment

Working...
                      X