No announcement yet.

UK Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldeneye and Moto GP are the 2 best British games.

Comment

I won't permit a thread like this without mention of:

Virus
      Elite

Comment

Goldeneye, MotoGP, CM.

Comment

Can I vote for Andy Braybrook's fantastic 16-bit versions of Rainbow Islands, or would that be cheating?

Short of that... in rougly chronological order:

Uridium, Head Over Heels, Monty on the Run, Sacred Armour of Antiriad, Xenon 2, Chaos Engine, Donkey Kong Country, Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley, Shadowman

Comment

Things people may have "forgotten":
            Cannon Fodder - Sensible Software at their 2nd best (after the sensi soccer series)
            Populous, Syndicate and some more.
            Lotus Challenge, Supercars series, Skidmarks

I think the UK devs had their heyday in the Amiga days when there were tons of great games. That was a platform that was around for ages so the technique was pretty sorted for it - just boiled down to gaming concepts.

Comment

No mention of Codemasters? Micro Machines, Colin McRae, TOCA, Fantasy World Dizzy (Spectrum), Operation flashpoint plus loads of other Spectrum classics.

Comment

Metropolis Street Racer don't ask me why, but I love it!

Spectrum F1 Management Sim simply called Formula One. If ever they get the F1 management game so perfect again, it'll be a miracle. It had enough depth for serious nutters, but was also fun enough and not so stat mental that anyone could get into it, and controlling your own pit team, stroke of genius!

Others I'd mention are Dizzy, Micro Machines (any of the Codies ones)

And of course, Moto GP

Comment

Originally posted by saif
                  I think the UK devs had their heyday in the Amiga days when there were tons of great games. That was a platform that was around for ages so the technique was pretty sorted for it - just boiled down to gaming concepts.
                  Hehe. Excerpt from IRC:

[00:48] <SuperStu> tbh, u could pick any creme de la creme amiga title and 99% of the time it was british
                  [00:51] <saif> v true

.. and then the above was said at the exact same time.

hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by DaiSuki
                    Can I vote for Andy Braybrook's fantastic 16-bit versions of Rainbow Islands, or would that be cheating?

Uridium, Head Over Heels, Monty on the Run, Sacred Armour of Antiriad, Xenon 2, Chaos Engine, Donkey Kong Country, Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley, Shadowman
                    Oh my god - you said the magic word! niff:

and I'm sorry about the VMU teddy OK?

Comment

Elite. Goldeneye.

Say no more, people.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
                        Originally posted by DaiSuki

Oh my god - you said the magic word! niff:

and I'm sorry about the VMU teddy OK?
                        That ****ing teddy....mumble grumble grrr

Comment

Its not to my taste, but there seem to be a number of people fawning all over the Champ Manager series.

Sir Geoffrey Crammond, creator of the F1GP games, Stunt Car Racer and The Sentinel deserves a mention.

The Psygnosis teams, particularly the guys who sold me a Playstation by inventing the WipEout series, and then went on to form Curly Monsters were great, and I hope they turn up somewhere soon.

DMA were utterly brilliant, with Blood Money, Lemmings and a whole stack of others under their belt before going on to invent GTA and then get renamed Rockstar North for their troubles.

Comment

I feel that PomPom's (www.pompom.org.uk) games deserve a mention! I only own Mutant Storm, which is great fun, although I also enjoyed the demo of Space Tripper. Not necessarily the best british games of all time, but certainly damn good and british!

Comment

Working...
                            X