Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jpn PS2/PS1 Puzzle Games

Afternoon each.

Looking for some recommendations for good 2 Player Puzzle games on either PS2 or PS1

I've got a couple of Puzzle Bobble ones but would like a few more.

I've always been partial to a bit of Puyo Puyo but what ones are worth getting or doesnt it really matter?

Was Magical Drop 3 released on PS1??

Thanks in advance

Neil

I.Q is a great game. Original PSX version is a bit odd in that you don't seem to be able to save your progress. There are sequels on PS2 and PSP which are probably more user-friendly, but I haven't played either.

Comment

Neil, I have a copy of PS1 Simple 1500 Series Vol.46 THEMahjong Ochi Chige - Raku Jong. It's a Tetrisy/Puyoey type block dropping thing.

Chuck us a couple of quid and it's yours as I have no need for it any more.

Comment

Fantavision or it's Japan only sequel Futari no Fantavision both on PS2.

Comment

Puyo Pop Fever!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Was Magical Drop 3 released on PS1??
            It was, if u like Magical Drop you'll probably like Money Idol Exchanger too.
            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Pretty much the same thing but with money values instead of colours.

Comment

Oddly, I LOVED Magical Drop 3, but never got on with Money Idol. Spent 800 points on the JP PSN version and felt robbed.

Comment

Loopop cube, natch!

Comment

Puchi Carat!

Arkanoid meets puyo pop. Even came with a paddle controller.

Also has an amusingly bad translation that's almost on "all your base" levels.

Puzzle fighter is a great competative puzzle game too.

Comment

Yawn. Forget all of this mainstream stuff. You wanna get yourself a copy of Finger Flashing. It's kinda like Rock, Paper, Scissors meets Twinkle Star Sprites. It's h'amaze though.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                      It was, if u like Magical Drop you'll probably like Money Idol Exchanger too.
                      Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Pretty much the same thing but with money values instead of colours.
                      That looks pretty good as well...loving the Engrish in the rules as well...made me chuckle more than once

Thanks for the other ideas as well guys will look into them.

Thats a fine offer mr dude a PM shall be incoming very shortly

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Puchi Carat was awesome.

The best though is Xai (aka Devil Dice over here).

Truly amazing - a little bit like Numblast on the PSN - and tricky to get hold of if I recall.

(So tricky I had to go to Japan to get it! )

Comment

Working...
                        X