3. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 (360) = 314.3K
    4. JUST DANCE (WII) = 275.4K
    5. SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS (WII) = 272.5K
    6. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 (PS3) = 252.8K
    7. MASS EFFECT 2 (360) = 246.5K
    8. DANTE'S INFERNO: DIVINE EDITION (PS3) = 242.5K
    9. DANTE'S INFERNO (360) = 224.7K
    10. HEAVY RAIN (PS3) = 219.3K

Heavy Rain done decent, but not as well as Sony might have expected.

Dante Inferno has sold more than Bayonetta. Modern Warfare 2 keeps selling.

It's interesting how close the three console's figures are.

I imagine FFXIII will give the 360 and PS3 another boost for the March figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
      Dante Inferno has sold more than Bayonetta.
      I'd like to think that's down to Dante's Inferno running well on both platforms and PS3 owners choosing not to but Sega's crappy PS3 port of Bayonetta. Hopefully game devs/publishers will think the same thing and stop doing crap ports and expecting us to suck it up. yeah, wishful thinking I know...

Comment

If NeoGAF has taught me anything, it's that this is the thread to post random animated GIFs.

Sadly my Photobucket account is dry.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          If NeoGAF has taught me anything, it's that this is the thread to post random animated GIFs.

Sadly my Photobucket account is dry.

Comment

Hardware

Top 10 Software

10. HEAVY RAIN (PS3) = 219.3K

Heavy Rain done decent, but not as well as Sony might have expected.
            I think they'd be pretty happy with those 5 days sales for a new 'different' IP.

Comment

Does nobody wonder who keep buying PS2s?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                The same bloody people who keep buying Wii. Somebody should tell them the next generation has started.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  It's mad really, how old is it now?

Remember those daft news reports when the PS3 was launched about it not being available in some countries due to them being able to be used as some sort of weapon of mass destruction?

I'm wondering if there's a terrorist group somewhere thinking that they are working around this by buying 100,000 PS2s every month in the hope that sellotaping them all together to get the same results.

Comment

It terms of weaponry, hasn't it been shown that ejected UMDs and a flung Wii remote are far more effective?

Comment

Well I was willing to put money on my analysis but the figures certainly seem to back up your research. They do in relation to the Wii at least as the figures prove that it's nearly four times as deadly as the PS2 in the right hands.

Wii = 397.9K
                      PSP = 133.4K
                      PS2 = 101.9K

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                        It's mad really, how old is it now?

Remember those daft news reports when the PS3 was launched about it not being available in some countries due to them being able to be used as some sort of weapon of mass destruction?

I'm wondering if there's a terrorist group somewhere thinking that they are working around this by buying 100,000 PS2s every month in the hope that sellotaping them all together to get the same results.
                        Haha. Interesting theory.

Comment

The story about the PS2's was when Saddam was alive and ruling in Iraq. It was in the Sun or some other random rag that he ordered 1000 from Sony in order to connect them all together and use the power of the Emotion Engine and have it as this uber super computer which could launch inter continental missiles. You gotta wonder when the US and UK were looking for WMD's, did they just open a ship container and there was 1000 unopened PS2's?

As for who keeps buying them stateside? One of the last times I was in America, a Gamestop I was in still had NES, SNES and MD carts all for sale as pre-owned. There are an awful lot of people in the US who simply would want to game but couldnt afford to buy a PS2, now with them under a hundred dollars, and 2nd hand games from probably a dollar if that, they can play something more modern than say the cart based system they have been playing for the last 4-5 years. I mean in all seriousness, when would you last of seen a SNES or MD game for sale in a Game or other high street retailer here in the UK? Not an local Indie.

Comment

The same bloody people who keep buying Wii. Somebody should tell them the next generation has started.
                            Im not convinced, the Wii market is very different to that of the PS2.

People buying PS2s are most likey people who have huge collections of games and a bust PS2.

The Wii owners are IMO student types for the party game aspects and girl gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                              Im not convinced, the Wii market is very different to that of the PS2.

People buying PS2s are most likey people who have huge collections of games and a bust PS2.

The Wii owners are IMO student types for the party game aspects and girl gamers.
                              I highly doubt there's a 100k game collectors replacing their PS2s in a month. The last major bunch of releases for the PS2 were various singstar/quiz/guitar hero style games afterall. PS2 is very casual gamer friendly, but it also caters to the 'hardcore' gamer pretty damn well which the Wii does not.

Comment

Working...
                              X