PlayStation Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
    Also are there some games that benefit 2 wands? Ive seen on the advert people using 2. I had a surf around the web but the info for this is nowhere to be found!
    Archery and Gladiator Duel on Sports Champions are far improved with 2 wands per player. Volleyball also supports dual wands, but not played it in that mode so can't comment on the difference it makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Move bundle is cam and move only.
      There maybe some sites doing bundles with nav thrown in, saving ?5 but at the moment there is no official nav/move bundle.
      Ahh I see, do you realistically need the camera for Move to be fully functional?

Comment

Aye, it acts as a tracker for the move controller.

Comment

I think you need the camera for Move to be functional in any way don't you? That's not to say everything needs it (Resi doesn't seem to use it at all, but still insists on a bright pink illumination for the globe!), but I think there might be a check built in.

Comment

The way that the Move works, the camera is pretty essential.

The colour of the ball depends on the lighting in the room around you - when you do the calibration at the start of every move game, pointing the move at the camera and pressing the move button - the game works out what is the best colour for the ball to be so that it can show up in the image it captures, aiding tracking.

The reason the move works if you cover the ball is because it switches to using the gyroscope and accelerometer to estimate where it is.

So if someone stands in the way and you then move the controller it internally goes:
            "Huh? Where'd he go? Oh wait he moved lift a bit at X speed.. it must be about... here!"

Then when the ball becomes visable again it just resumes with the ball.

Resident Evil 5 needs it mainly when aiming and that's about it. (But crikey.. Resi 5 is amazing with Move - I love it!)

Comment

I was in town today so I picked up a Move and the lightgun case - no games yet, just the demo disc to play with as I am waiting for the chance to get Deadstorm Pirates as a PSN download. I haven't tried it out yet either, as it is currently charging, but I love the aesthetics - especially the gun case, I thought this would be a bit naff but it's lovely.

One thing that puzzles me - the navigation controller was nowhere to be seen in the shops. The only proof I have that it even exists is one picture in the original promo leaflet I picked up a month or two ago. Can it be easily found in the UK?

Comment

Personally my local hmv had load of nav controllers and not a lot of the solus move contr
                ollers, eyetoy bundle only. I admit its the only shop I have seen the nav in other than gamestation, recently.

Comment

Finally managed to convince myself to buy Move yesterday. Used the excuse that, if I had it, I'd have the whole set of motion controllers across the consoles. Also the Starter Pack only cost me ?30 so a bit of a bargain!

Time Crisis demo was great from PSN and Tumble is an exceptional use of the tech.

Comment

Tried out a few more of the demos, I had some trouble calibrating Time Crisis. No matter how directly I aimed at the target, when I went into the game the crosshair would always disappear off the top of the screen. I had to point the gun down below the screen to get it into a visible range...?

I was able to fiddle the accuracy by deliberately mis-aiming during calibration so the sights were where I wanted them to be. Odd, and not particularly reassuring. I haven't read of anyone else having this trouble. Is it my camera placement? (about a foot under the TV angled slightly upwards)

Then I played Saru-Getcha. THe first time it was behaving completely bonkers. The controls appeared to be inverted and constantly drifting to the right. Restarted and it was OK. The game had it's nice points but wasn't very engaging. The most challenging it got was one monkey who fires paintballs at you to obscure your view so you can't see when he charges to steal your bananas.

The table tennis in Sports Champions is the best so far, completely accurate and easy to control.

Comment

Darwock, stick the camera on top of the TV for best results (I've found). I have had one instance of targetting drift in Time Crisis. What I do now before playing any light gun game is go crazy wuith the Move controller before calibration ie.. fling it around all over the place in all directions, almost as though you're loosening it up! Also, check out any lights you have behind you that might be interfering.

Comment

I played a little Eyepet yesterday. Girls each created a new Eyepet and went through a few of the intro bits and pieces - this seems to be at odds with that I've said, but the Move controls for some of that stuff is borderline broken.

The augmented reality tool was all over the place, couldn't get the hairdryer pointing at that thing for love nor money. I was in a dimmer room than I'd have been in if we were playing with the card, but I shouldn't need all that light now. :/

Comment

Odd, Eye Pet worked REALLY well for us. The augmented reality in that game would be an excellent showpiece for the tech in fact. Have you tried re-calibrating the device form the main PS3 screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            I played a little Eyepet yesterday. Girls each created a new Eyepet and went through a few of the intro bits and pieces - this seems to be at odds with that I've said, but the Move controls for some of that stuff is borderline broken.

The augmented reality tool was all over the place, couldn't get the hairdryer pointing at that thing for love nor money. I was in a dimmer room than I'd have been in if we were playing with the card, but I shouldn't need all that light now. :/
                            We were having this problem on Saturday evening, but not during the afternoon, so I put it down to a drop in natural light. All worked prefectly Sunday morning too which makes me think that the room lighting does need to be at a certain level for Eyepet to work properly. Maybe it's down to using low-energy bulbs as they are generally dimmer.

Comment

Had a few problems with the move controller, but if you hold the PS button and turn off the controller and then hit the PS button again to put it back on, it usually fixes itself.

Comment

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

I'm beginning to think that both Move and Kinect have not sold as well as expected for Sony and MS with the amount of babble going on about shortages in availability which are bordering on outright lies. Sony's up this time talking about the state demand globally causing shortages till Feb for the motion controller that's available in bulk... everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X