Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fanboyism is being extended another couple of years then.

It had better be region free!!

Comment

Think the chances of it being region free are slim at best

Comment

Was thinking the same, no way the films will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
          The game lineout is simply incredible. Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Paper Mario, Contra, Street Fighter, Star Fox and Ocarina of Time??!
          See, that right there is my problem with Ninty. I've played and completed those games (although is Contra a new version, not seen that).

Sure, it's on the move and in 3D, but really, I have very little in handheld gaming, and if I did, replaying former glories wouldn't be what I want to do.

I get nostalgiac once in a while, and may turn on Elite or Mercenary in particular. We all do. But I'd not put money on a new console and buy them again at full retail.

Still, we all knew this would happen. Ninty announce a "new" console and old titles, the internet bois explode. This isn't aimed at you Adam, just a general observation. I actually find it depressing that people so "into" technology want to stay so firmly routed in the past.

Comment

I agree with you to a point, but only a handful of games are ports of older ones. Mario Kart is new, as is Pilotwings. Resident Evil is too isn't it? Kid Icarus is a completely new game apart from the name while I'm pretty sure Paper Mario is too as I don't recognise the screenshots from the N64 or GC games. People thought the DS would be port heavy when it launched with Mario 64 but it never turned out that way

Comment

Erm, analogue nub?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What about it?

Comment

Well they ain't very good. I guess they'll suddenly be the best thing ever now that Nintendo have come out with one though.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    Well they ain't very good. I guess they'll suddenly be the best thing ever now that Nintendo have come out with one though.
                    Something tells me it won't be a **** one. But, it could be, you never know until we try it.

Comment

its a slider! slllllider

innovative.

Comment

*waits for 3DSXL to be announced, and then says "I'll wait for the next one to come out"*
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The fact it's big enough to put a thumb on is a good start

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                            I agree with you to a point, but only a handful of games are ports of older ones. Mario Kart is new, as is Pilotwings. Resident Evil is too isn't it? Kid Icarus is a completely new game apart from the name while I'm pretty sure Paper Mario is too as I don't recognise the screenshots from the N64 or GC games. People thought the DS would be port heavy when it launched with Mario 64 but it never turned out that way
                            I think I'm just bored of Nintendo. Having owned all their previous consoles (except the last 3D effort) up to the Wii, I'm tired of them.

Mario Kart - played that far too much. It's never hit the heights of the original. It'll be the same as the last DS effort, just in 3D. Probably the same classic tracks, as that's all people want from Nintendo. Repetition. Maybe they'll have learnt from Modnation Racers, but I doubt it.

PilotWings - enjoyed it in the day, but the only thing that would interest me with that, ironically, would be motion control.

Maybe I'm just jaded. I just find the situation depressing. They have huge talent yet just churn out rehashes. And people lap them up.

TBH I'm fed up with many sequels. They don't invent new games these days, they aim for a ****ing Franchise. There are some sequels I'm looking forward to, and those I'd welcome - Killzone, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Crackdown and Twisted Metal, maybe Gears 3, spring to mind. However, I doubt I'll still be interested in playing iterations of those titles in 15 years time.

Someone wrote some nonsense the other day on here that old games are better than new games, so it's all OK. That's just depressing. I tell you what, Mario Kart only sells on the strength on the name - can't imagine anyone really thinks it's better than MNR. Some gamers are stuck in a strange pubescent timewarp where they want to relive their former glories over and over. Which is fine, up to them, but just keep your old consoles and do it that way! Much cheaper

Comment

I gave up Mario Kart before the Wii one came out, and I saw someone playing it, thank god I did. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                There are some sequels I'm looking forward to, and those I'd welcome - Killzone, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Crackdown and Twisted Metal, maybe Gears 3, spring to mind. However, I doubt I'll still be interested in playing iterations of those titles in 15 years time.
                                That's because those games aren't instant classics, and aren't even original to begin with, not even in the slightest.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Someone wrote some nonsense the other day on here that old games are better than new games, so it's all OK. That's just depressing. I tell you what, Mario Kart only sells on the strength on the name - can't imagine anyone really thinks it's better than MNR. Some gamers are stuck in a strange pubescent timewarp where they want to relive their former glories over and over. Which is fine, up to them, but just keep your old consoles and do it that way! Much cheaper
                                If I had ?10,000 to spend on a guitar it'd go on a Stratocaster from the 60's. If I wanted to relive my childhood and collect pop CDs (for whatever reason) they'd mostly be from the 80s. If I wanted to collect hip hop vinyl I'd go for the '88-'96 era. If I want to collect 2D fighters I'd go for the '92-'00 era. If I want mindless online party romps with forum people I'd pick '05 to present... etc etc.

There are some things that simply aren't made like they used to be. There's no way I'd buy a guitar from this period (Outside of the Ibanez camp ), neither pop or hip hop records, and hardly games.

Comment

Working...
                                X