This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    Eurogamer gave away perhaps too much info on the 3DS HW sales.

They've said 20% of 3DS owners bought it but implied it sold less than the 100K that OoT originally did.

Less than 500k UK sales of the 3DS console so far then, probably well under that.
    Around 110-120,000 sold in the first weekend iirc. I'd be surprise if that had more than tripled yet. In my store we had a fantastic launch weekend, outstripping the branches target set by the company. Unfortunately it has been much slower since (even with the solus price set at ?189.99 for most of the time) & I'm still selling through my initial allocation.

edit: That said, I don't doubt that things will pick up greatly with the release of a Mario title.
    Last edited by Mr M0by; 20-06-2011, 10:40.

Comment

If they can get Starfox, Kid Icarus, Mario and Mario Kart out in succession with a decent marketing push the 3DS should enjoy a decent Xmas this year, especially as it seems unlikely the Vita will be out here by then. They really need to scale the DS back before then though, the 3DS is drowing in the DS's space and it needs to be clear which they want buyers to go for.

Comment

My guess on the hard figures is that to get to number 2, it sold 40k. That would put the sales of the console at 200K at most 300K. It would certainly explain the very heavy price reductions in stores since launch if in the 3 months since launch, they have barely doubled the opening weekend's sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
          Pints can cost around ?3. I love my beer, perhaps too much, but a pint is a pint. How much enjoyment is that, what, 1minutes worth? I drink quick, so, about 30 seconds.... That's ?3, gone, right there... and im already at the bar getting another, and thats another minute, and again at the bar etc

In comparision Links Awakening lasts for days and the satisfaction of completing it lasts a gamer's life time. I think the prices set are very just indeed. The ultimate point is, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything... so the souls that decide to purchase such classic games at such a low cost are in for an absolute treat and a bargain, so lucky them. Anyone who disagress doesnt need to part with their cash, so lucky them. Win win
          Your pints last 30 seconds? Do your nights out last about 10 minutes or do you have about a thousand pints a night?

Anyway I do agree, This is yet another reason why I cant belive that people dont see these games as good value. They are just being really stubborn in my view.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 20-06-2011, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
            I think he was more likely suggesting "Why pay such a price to watch/read/listen to something that you already bought 5 years ago (and probably still have on your shelf)". I'm not saying I agree but it's not a totally nuts view to have.
            Indeed, I can sort of see his point.

For me, the answer is convenience - being able to play a bit of OoT and then take a break with a bit of SuperMarioLand / Link's Awakening. And they are priced at a point where I don't mind doing that.

A better question for me is why don't I now get rid of the carts?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              Your pints last 30 seconds? Do your nights out last about 10 minutes or do you have about a thousand pints a night?

Anyway I do agree, This is yet another reason why I cant belive that people dont see these games as good value. They are just being really stubborn in my view.
              haha, i do drink quite sadly. Nothing im proud of!
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

"Itsu no ma ni Terebi" was released on the J-eshop today.
                F'ing geo-blocked.

There goes my watching Idolring (unless I get it off of PD )

Comment

The prospects of a video player on the console where you can watch your own 3D files seems slim.

It's frustrating, a 3D media player would be awesome.

Comment

Starfox 64 confirmed for Sept 9th, still a while to go then

Comment

I havent actualy seen any screens or footage of Starfox, is it as big a graphical improvement as Ocarina of Time? Plus are they are actualy calling it by its proper name over here now then?

Having said all that Imn still not sure how intrested I am in it, I have it on the Virtual Console and it doesnt hold up that well anymore to me (though admitedly it doesnt help that the graphics are absolubtley shocking).

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        "Itsu no ma ni Terebi" was released on the J-eshop today.
                        F'ing geo-blocked.

There goes my watching Idolring (unless I get it off of PD )
                        Is it actually possible to connect via your laptop, and use some kind of free VPN to access it?

Are all titles blocked like this, or is it just because it's a TV service?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          I havent actualy seen any screens or footage of Starfox, is it as big a graphical improvement as Ocarina of Time? Plus are they are actualy calling it by its proper name over here now then?

Having said all that Imn still not sure how intrested I am in it, I have it on the Virtual Console and it doesnt hold up that well anymore to me (though admitedly it doesnt help that the graphics are absolubtley shocking).
                          I have seen stafox runnning on the 3ds and it looks slightly higher resolution (although I'm sure there are lots of small graphical improvements)

Personally i love the graphics in starfox on the n64 (a US version on an RGB'ed n64, yes the textures etc abit low, but its smooth, has some great scaling and plays like a dream) and for its time its was way ahead of anything else.

If you didnt like the n64 version, I dont think you'll get much from the 3ds version.

Comment

So is Starfox just a straight port of the N64 game then? I reckon it might get critisised a fair bit in the reviews given the improvements made to Zelda.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              I have seen stafox runnning on the 3ds and it looks slightly higher resolution (although I'm sure there are lots of small graphical improvements)

Personally i love the graphics in starfox on the n64 (a US version on an RGB'ed n64, yes the textures etc abit low, but its smooth, has some great scaling and plays like a dream) and for its time its was way ahead of anything else.

If you didnt like the n64 version, I dont think you'll get much from the 3ds version.
                              Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              So is Starfox just a straight port of the N64 game then? I reckon it might get critisised a fair bit in the reviews given the improvements made to Zelda.
                              Hmm, I just looked it up online, it appears to be the same kind of upgrade as Zelda was.

dvdx2, have you not played the original for a while? the graphics in this new version are a massive improvment.

You are probabaly right though, the game might still not do much for me anymore.

Comment

They've noticably upgraded the game since the original unveiling. The ice, lava and asteroid levels are notably much better looking than the N64 one.

It's seems on the same level as the Zelda one, although like Zelda, it seems some areas have had more work than others

Comment

Working...
                                X