X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What jp games are good then?

Comment

Monster Hunter Tri G, Project X Zone, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland etc.

Just a minute ago I was having a conversation in the kitchen at work and to quote myself: "Buying a 3DS LL is one of the best decisions I've ever made."

Comment

Monster Hunter looks nice and it is more likely I will play it on a 3DS. Bravely looks cool but I can take or leave the rest. Will any of these hit the west?

Comment

My JPN 3DS has enjoyed Theatrhythm, Taiko no Tatsujin, Project Mirai and Harmo Knight this year, all of which are pretty great (though we have Theatrhythm now, which I got hold of as the DLC worked out cheaper, and the achievements/items are hard to decipher otherwise...)

Lots of demos available too.

Bravely Default and Project X Zone are basically unplayable without understanding Japanese.

I'm not quite sure that any of this quite justifies a JPN 3DS unless you are really into your music games, or understand the language. Not being able to complete the JPN specific StreetPass puzzles is also infuriating.

My UK 3DS has seen a lot more, I don't quite understand the idea that the catalog has been crappy, I'm still working through them. Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, MGS3, Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, Spirit Camera, NSMB2, Bit Trip Saga, Sonic Generations, Kingdom Hearts and so on. Some great downloads too, Pullblox, VVVVVV, Liberation Maiden, Picross e, Zen Pinball, SpeedThru...

Paper Mario and Layton very soon as well. Not enough time to play them all Doesn't help that Coin Rush in NSMB2 has me badly hooked.
          Last edited by Papercut; 24-10-2012, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
            Monster Hunter Tri G, Project X Zone, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland etc.

Just a minute ago I was having a conversation in the kitchen at work and to quote myself: "Buying a 3DS LL is one of the best decisions I've ever made."
            Also the Airport Hero 3DS exclusives, GUILD01, Rune Factory 4, Fire Emblem (those last two are probably coming out in English in 2013 though). Yes, and Liberation Maiden is on the EU eshop (from GUILD01).

Comment

Two White XL packs are out on Friday, one pre-installed Mario Kart 7 and the other Mario 3D Land. Hopefully a system transfer won't overwrite the pre-installed games, have emailed Nintendo for confirmation.

Comment

Those white XLs are so dope. They look way better than the two-tone systems!

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                  Two White XL packs are out on Friday, one pre-installed Mario Kart 7 and the other Mario 3D Land. Hopefully a system transfer won't overwrite the pre-installed games, have emailed Nintendo for confirmation.
                  Bet it does.

Comment

That question was asked to Iwata the other week and answered in the latest Nintendo Direct for Japan. You can just redownload it from the store he said.

Comment

I think thats the same as the pre-loaded video that came with my XL - after a system transfer, it 'combined' any purchases already on the machine with those of the other 3DS. A day later the same video popped up in the shop, but it wasn't there before that, although I still had it in my purchases list.

Comment

Excellent! I've been holding out for white and had lost hope seeing one before xmas.

Comment

Thanks Kryss, was always going to cave at the White one.

Comment

Little bit more info regarding the system transfer, had an official response

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that once you have conducted a system transfer from your current Nintendo 3DS to the limited edition White 3DS XL, the pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7/Super Mario 3D Land) would still be available for you to download and install.

Do note, however, that in order to download and install Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land on your limited edition 3DS XL, you would firstly have to complete the transfer procedure between your 3DS and your 3DS XL before clicking on the Mario shortcuts to download the games from the eShop.

We hope this information helps, and we appreciate your continued support towards Nintendo.

Kind regards,

Nintendo UK

Comment

Also, Streetpass has issues with system transfers. I've not had ONE since transferring to my XL. Solution seems to be changing Mii, turning off Streetpass, deleting all streetpass notifications(!) and waiting 24 hours before going back to your original settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                                Also, Streetpass has issues with system transfers. I've not had ONE since transferring to my XL. Solution seems to be changing Mii, turning off Streetpass, deleting all streetpass notifications(!) and waiting 24 hours before going back to your original settings.
                                Sounds like a common problem .

Hope this does not affect me. Want to trade my original wobbly hinge Aqua Blue 3DS for either a small white one or XL. Is the XL much better than the original 3DS?
                                Last edited by JU!; 22-11-2012, 09:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X