Beatmania IIDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beatmania IIDX

Just interested to see how many people on the board actually play this game and what sort of levels people are at ?

I play it full on 7 key...

so far can do most 7 and flashing 7 star songs and some on another ...

Luke

Watusi plays it.

He was on the lookout for another DXII controller not long ago.

Comment

I play it. I bought the controller and 3rd and 6th Styles in Japan. I am not so good at the moment, I play on Light 7 and am at the transition between 5 and 6 stars. I've been there for the last 6 months, but that's other games for you

Anyone know whe 7th Style is being released?

Comment

Hi. I suck quite badly at IIDX but am working on it!

I heard a rumour that *if* Konami port another IIDX title to PS2, it will be 9th Style (missing out 7th and 8th).

Comment

Aye I play it but that doens't mean I'm any good at it.

Been playing for a couple of months and I can manage a few of the easy 7key songs, and a few harder Light 7 songs (Starmine and Sync) but there's a few of the 'easier songs that screw me up every time. I can't for the life of me do dissolve on light 7.

I bought all four styles so I flit between them. 6th style generally seems to the easiest though. The other style's seem a lot harsher if you mess up.

Comment

I got all four versions of Beatmania IIDX and the Beatmania IIDX controller.

I claim to be average/good 7 key button player at this game but some of the people that play it in Japan make me absolutely sick!

A minor tip, which will help your gameplay is to actually speed up the notes coming down... When you play it enough, you'll get a feel for the music and you'll hit notes instinctively without even thinking about it!

Beatmania IIDX is probably one of my favourite games - I like it so much, I might order one of the official proper arcade Beatmania IIDX controller from konamistyle's website.

Comment

The ASC IIDX controller is no longer manufactured by Konami and is extremely hard to find outside of Japan, the only place I've seen them for sale 2nd hand has been on the Yahoo.co.jp auction site but none of the sellers seem willing to ship outside of Japan.

As for the next IIDX CS, 7th style has been rumoured for months but so far Konami have given no official statement regarding its release however DDR Spot.com interviewed Akira Yamaoka who composed music for IIDX and Silent Hill as well as Hirotaka Ishikawa who is the general manager of KCEJ at E3 where they stated that they were having problems with the licensed songs in 7th Style. The full interview is here http://www.ddrspot.com/

Since E3 though there has been no more mention of 7th Style or any other version being released not even at the recent secret IIDX party where the main artists from the series including dj Taka,TaQ & Good-Cool did a live set for a crowd of fans who were lucky enough to win tickets. A brief article covering the gig by Famitsu can be found here http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/200...16065,0,0.html

I've been playing the series pretty much non stop since the beginning of this year, I'd say I'm ok but not great I can pass most 7 key songs and just the other day I passed my first few Flashing 7s namely Get on Beat Wild Style, Colors & Summer Vacation (been trying desperately to pass DXY & B4U lately), still having a hard time getting a AAA rank on 7 key stuff.

If you want to see more Tatsujin style videos then head over to http://www.bemanistyle.com/ their media section is back online and it has a few vids from well known players like Lisu & Silv.

Comment

Working...
              X