DS fakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS fakes?

I recently bought a second hand copy of Rhthym Paridise from CEX and I noticed the white on the cover is alot muckier (for lack of a better word) than the rest of the pal games in my collection.

I'm just wondering if this how you spot a fake ds game?, strangley ive had my DS for years and had loads of games through ebay but this is the first time I have ever bought one that seemed off.

Course I remember when I bought Cannon Spike on the Dreamcast, that looked fake with a horrible printed cover but then it just turned out that the publisher couldnt be bothered buying a proper printer for the game...
    Last edited by rmoxon; 28-03-2010, 02:03.

My Rhythm Paradise has one of those shiny covers (like Bioshock 2) and the overall colour does appear to be darker.

Comment

I usually check for the following if I suspect somethings fake:
      American Boxart/label but UK box
      poorly fitted label
      Lack of a long letter/digit code below the Nintendo (Patent) stuff on back of cart
      Box cover looks poorly printed
      Game won't save
      Game won't work in DSi

Comment

I've brought a few new DS games from Amazon and there's a lot of sellers who list their games a not compataible with a DSi.

I would not touch eBay for GBA or DS games at all.

Comment

It's weird as for some reason pirates only seem to want to make usa or uk games when pirating stuff as i use ebay a lot for ds games & i have never been sold a pirate yet. The only reason i can think of is nobody wants to pirate japanese games. Most of the sellers i buy from are from hong kong too & they all sell originals.

Then again if you see a copy of pokemon heart gold for £5 & you buy it with no research then don't be suprised if it's fake.

The biggest one on ebay to spot them is one thats already been mentioned. All games will work on a dsi no matter what, any seller that says otherwise is lying because their games are bootlegs.
          Last edited by importaku; 28-03-2010, 22:12.

Comment

Regarding Rhythm Paradise, it does have a slightly shiny (and duller looking) cover and spine, as ªL©w°ê has mentioned.

Metroid Prime Hunters is another.

Comment

Any game with PEGI logo is not a fake. Pirates make copies of the US version of the game.

Comment

Ebay sellers using a stock photo of the boxart of a DS game is usually a clear tell sign it's fake anyway

Comment

I think I've been sold a fake Wii...

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                    Ebay sellers using a stock photo of the boxart of a DS game is usually a clear tell sign it's fake anyway

Ive actualy bought quite a few games off ebay with stock photos and they havent been fake. Usualy if I get a DS game off ebay I check to see what else they are selling and if they have a proper store front, if they are selling games for other consoles too then its doubtful the are someone who sells DS fakes.

Anyway thanks for the replies, dosent seem like I have a fake game after all .

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                      Any game with PEGI logo is not a fake. Pirates make copies of the US version of the game.
                      Watch as the pirates change their tactics and use European labels :P

Comment

Okay, you also want to look out for the printing quality of the Nintendo Seal and the label on the DS Cart.

The Pins are different aswell, fake ones are usually Silver. they should have a printed code on the cartridge below the Nintendo logo.

The manuals are also usually a review. I am very skeptical about buying DS games on eBay, I will only buy from wholesellers if not people which have decent feedback, I am very careful about feedback

Comment

Slightly off topic, I bought a GBA cricket game on ebay a while ago, about which I had some suspicions. However, it was very cheap, cart only, so I took the plunge.

Bunged it in, and the ancient baseball game on the black and white Gameboy booted up.

Comment

Just to resurrect this thread…

I’ve just bought New Super Mario Bros from eBay and I think it’s fake, but I’m not totally clued in on what I should be looking for.

Things that made me suspicious

Came as ‘New, sealed’ but was only shrink wrapped
                            The extra Health and Safety and Nintendo club point’s leaflets are missing
                            The manual and game cover looks ever so slightly blurry
                            The Nintendo seal on the cartridge has a slight ghost effect

However it has the Pegi logo and all the Nintendo TM stuff as you’d expect.

I’m not sure what to do at the minute as I’m not 100% that it is actually fake so I don’t want to start accusing before I’m totally sure.

Comment

Put up pictures, people can compare to what they own...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X