ps3 asian dlc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps3 asian dlc

i am looking at the dantes inferno death edition with dlc voucher. Its the asian version, so will the dlc work ok on the uk psn network?

Probably not, no.

DLC has always been region locked (must match the disc) to the best of my knowledge, and download codes meant for one region won't work on another. No harm in trying it though, unless you plan to sell the game with the voucher or something.

Comment

If you buy the asian game then you'll probably need to buy the asian DLC. However, you should be able to play the game and the DLC when logged into your UK PSN account.

Comment

You'll need an Asian account for the correct country to redeem the DLC, most likely.

Not all DLC is region locked, Ridge Racer 7's DLC was region free.

Sony have started enforcing disk-id locking for DLC though, so anything at all recent is highly likely to be locked to the correct region disk (and in some cases the correct region and correct id disk).

Some DLC is the same across Asia and some is per country, depending generally on how much localisation has been done. eg. HK Minna no golf 5 DLC works with the Japanese disk, as the HK version is just the Japanese language release. I think this was before Sony started enforcing DLC restrictions more stringently though, but might also be recognising that Asian gamers are likely to import Japanese versions at times.

Comment

thanks for that lads, probably just go for the UK version

Comment

Working...
          X