No announcement yet.

Pokemon Black and White (NDS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do these use the Pok?walker for anything?

Comment

I managed to bag a free (signed) copy at the Pokemon B&W launch event in Leicester Square last night.
      It must have been an omen when I cancelled my pre0order Wednesday afternoon, when Amazon hadn't shipped it yet

Comment

Who signed it? lol

Comment

Charizard

Comment

For those now playing through the game, I've started a thread for online battles/trades!

Comment

Not being sure when (or if) I'll have some spare cash for White. I started the game three times up to the point where battle Trainer N, followed by a save. I backed up each save and transferred the two other starters to a copy of my Snivy save (as it had 3 other Pokemon), making sure to match the trainer information with the Snivy save so that I don't get boosted Experience from a "traded" Pokemon. I figured this way was easier than trying to trade to one of the earlier games to get the three starters. As usual I forgot how to delete the save and start a New Game.

Now, I have the three starters at Lv 9 and a Lillipup and ...rat, at Lv 4 and Lv 5.

So far it is not that different to other Pokemon games other than a much simplified Pokemon and Poke Ball acquisition. Also getting to a point where you could trade is a lot quicker, certainly than HG and SS.

I presume everyone noticed experience is dependent on the level of your Pokemon compared to your foe.

Did everyone remember to get their Liberty Pass today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                Not being sure when (or if) I'll have some spare cash for White. I started the game three times up to the point where battle Trainer N, followed by a save. I backed up each save and transferred the two other starters to a copy of my Snivy save (as it had 3 other Pokemon), making sure to match the trainer information with the Snivy save so that I don't get boosted Experience from a "traded" Pokemon. I figured this way was easier than trying to trade to one of the earlier games to get the three starters. As usual I forgot how to delete the save and start a New Game.

Now, I have the three starters at Lv 9 and a Lillipup and ...rat, at Lv 4 and Lv 5.

So far it is not that different to other Pokemon games other than a much simplified Pokemon and Poke Ball acquisition. Also getting to a point where you could trade is a lot quicker, certainly than HG and SS.

I presume everyone noticed experience is dependent on the level of your Pokemon compared to your foe.

Did everyone remember to get their Liberty Pass today?
                In other words you cheated
                But yep def quicker to get going in game, I got my pass before even setting off! Had not being paying any real attention to XP but all in all I am loving it, just hit the big city after Gym 2.

Comment

Pretty much lol, but I expect it is the only way I can compare the three starters. At least I don't get boosted experience as well! I have yet to decide which one I prefer. I will probably have a better idea at the first evolution. I normally seem to go for Fire Pokemon for my starter, though I liked the Chikorita in HG/SS as well. At least I can revert to the relevant single starter save at some point if I want to.

I don't think the game has "grabbed" me yet, but then I have only traversed Route 1 and seen three new Pokemon. I must admit that I still find GT5 something of a draw (especially the Remote Races).

Comment

Is it cheating any more than buying both games and trading between them using 2 DSs? That's what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
                      Is it cheating any more than buying both games and trading between them using 2 DSs? That's what I do!
                      Nah that is not cheating, I did that prev with everything up till Platinum..

I just got me a Victini don't ya know Just returning to Pok? Cntr and give it a whirl before Zz's

Comment

Normally I traded with my brother but sadly he's not into it any more. Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to take his place!

Anyway, I demand you all stop playing until my post arrives tomorrow!

Comment

The water one is the one to go for At first I think (even if the one here looks like he is Danny devitos son).

It wouldn't give me the liberty pass earlier, it checked and said I had no gifts.

Comment

Just got my copy today it's my first pokemon game in about 8 or 9 year and am looking forward to playing it and it only copy me ?24 it was a good deal

Comment

Ignore my stupid ignorant ramblings.
                              Last edited by Anilones; 06-03-2011, 14:51. Reason: My ignorance on DS hardware capabilities.

Comment

Looks like I will be reverting to my original starter saves for a while as the Pokemon you get in the Dreamyard is dependent on your starter.

I finally managed to get a Purrloin outside of Striaton City. Only Level 4 though. I wondered where you would find them.

To get through the first Gym some grinding looks advisable as my Pokemon are between level 10 and 12. The first few trainers in there are not too much of a problem but the final is dependent on your starter so another level ought to make all the difference. Certainly some new ideas with this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X