Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently.

Comment

yeah ordered this along with Metroid, looking forward to dusting off that Wii

Comment

A weird review - he's actually liking this double pack, but the review comes across so negatively. It's like he's trying to wind everyone up. And at first glance he hates Ghost Squad, but then you read it a little more carefully and it's just the unlockable aspect he hates. You have to be so careful as a reviewer when comparing to other games outside the one being reviewed.

I've ordered it for review. Thanks for the amazon tip. Tronix had it, but for $30
        Last edited by charlesr; 29-08-2010, 07:19.

Comment

Zavvi doing this for ?10.95 in stock now.
          Buy Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns: Arcade from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Comment

picked this up on friday, really good fun chunky shooters

Comment

I received this today, cost me around £12 inc P&P from Amazon. I'm not an expert on this genre of game, but I did enjoy the hour I spent playing the two games. Gunblade is the the older Model2 title, and it really shows because the characters are very blocky, but thankfully.. everything is very clean looking and sharp. It plays well, even if it's too simple. L.A. Machine Guns is a much nicer game in every way. The Model3 visuals are very sharp, with a nice detail level, and it's very action packed. It's got a lot more to it in all areas, and it's really fun.

It's strange that Sega didn't release this double pack on the Dreamcast back in the day, as it would have run perfectly, and people would have been even happier with it back then.

People who really loved the arcade games and all the intricacies of the gameplay, will have a more qualified opinion on this pack than I have. Therefore, I didn't start a First Play thread, as my opinion isn't as worthy as someone's who really knows what they're talking about when it comes to these games and the genre overall. I really like this pack, though, and I'll be playing it a lot.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 02-09-2010, 19:55.

Comment

I'm not sure these games would be the same without the huge shaking guns and the erm... vibrating floor.

Comment

Just bought this from amazon for ?12 yehhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    I'm not sure these games would be the same without the huge shaking guns and the erm... vibrating floor.
                    I've played plenty of gun games on consoles over the years, and some with a joypad, but I've always enjoyed myself. Of course.. the arcade machines are best - with the big guns etc.. but the two games on this pack still play well and require skill to get good ratings.

I think anyone who has even a mild fondness for the genre, will like this pack.

Comment

Working...
                    X