Best recent PES (360/PS3).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best recent PES (360/PS3).

Dabbled in Fifa '09 recently after many years with PES and while it's improved drastically I'm not 100% convinced so was wondering which is the best recent PES. Haven't played one this gen yet and will be mainly for single player so not to bothered if the net code doesn't hold up.

Any opinions?

PES 2010, it plays a decent game of football.

Comment

To be honest, the non PS2 versions have not turned up properly. 2010 is good, but it's lacks the soul of PES. Sadly, all I can honestly recommend is J.League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship on PS2.

I am gonna stick my neck out as usual and say, wait for 2011 this year before trying 2010. For now stick to latest PS2 versions of PES or FIFA10. The latter does grow on you, but is still fairly flawed.

The Twin Snakes have spoken

Comment

Just to clarify a little. The last PES I've played was PES5 on Xbox359, the last Fifa, '09 on 360. I'm certainly not one to buy the game each year, the only other footy game I played last gen was the first PES released on PS2 which I loved.

Didn't much care for PES5 (though that could be down to the original xbox pad) and while I enjoy Fifa '09 I don't have the love for it that I had for my PES on PS2. I've heard great things about PES4 on PS2, would it be worth tracking a copy of that down or do any of the current PES's come near?

Comment

PES5 on PS2 was probably the one game in the series that sticks out in my mind as THE ONE. I'd say you're in pretty safe hands with all PS2 PES games from 5 onwards. So, maybe pick up 2010 PS2 for buttons somewhere. You'll have the latest-ish player rosters and kits-ish at least. Then there's Option File goodness

Comment

Originally posted by burntoutbanger View Post
            Just to clarify a little. The last PES I've played was PES5 on Xbox359, the last Fifa, '09 on 360. I'm certainly not one to buy the game each year, the only other footy game I played last gen was the first PES released on PS2 which I loved.

Didn't much care for PES5 (though that could be down to the original xbox pad) and while I enjoy Fifa '09 I don't have the love for it that I had for my PES on PS2. I've heard great things about PES4 on PS2, would it be worth tracking a copy of that down or do any of the current PES's come near?
            PES 4 was my favourite in the series so far, if you don't mind playing a "dated" game (in terms of visuals and teams) then yeah definitely track that down. As hoolak has said though, PES 5 is regarded as the best in the series but, again, it comes down to whether you don't mind playing a "dated" game.

PES 2010 does play a pretty good game of football, definitely the best effort Konami have made on the PS3 and 360. Despite preferring FIFA these days, I actually play some single player and offline multiplayer with mates occasionally.

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            The Twin Snakes have spoken
            Hell yeah!
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 21-04-2010, 16:55.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys. Don't mind playing a 'dated' game in visuals and squads, it's always been about the feel. The passing and the movement. It's a shame nothing this gen challenges the older games in that regard but I suppose it'll save me a few pennies.

Comment

If youve only played fifa 09 maybe you should try fifa 10 as its a better game.

I havent really liked PES for years.

Comment

Thanks but as explained earlier I'm really not one for picking up each new version every year. Found a copy of PES4 on PS2 for the princely sum of £3 and while the visuals are ropier than I remember for games of that era it sure does play a good game of football.

Comment

Ah PES 4, the memories.

Comment

Maybe a bit off topic, but the replay music on ISS on the PS1 kicked arse!

Comment

That's one of the things I'm enjoying on PES4, it's just generic rock riffs but it sounds fantastic and totally gets you up for the game.

Comment

Winning Eleven 10 is the best PES not sure what PES that is poss 6. The PES2010 PS2 vers is supposed to be ace too. PES 2010 PS3/360 is not bad. PS3 Winning Eleven: Aoki (Blue) Samurai challenge is out May 20th in Japan this will probably be awesome I`m guessin, so you should import it. Rumour has it PES 2011 is gonna kick arse too.
                          Last edited by JU!; 26-04-2010, 02:54.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                            Rumour has it PES 2011 is gonna kick arse too.
                            Well they are hardly gonna let out its another disappoinment!

Comment

Working...
                            X