Back in Time 4 (SID concert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in Time 4 (SID concert)

Did anyone go to the Back in Time 4 C64 music event on 13th September (last sat)? Sounded good, but I couldn't make it because I was at a big Dance event thingie. Rob Hubbard did a concert, and Martin Galway was also there. If you attended, please share your experience with us SID geeks.

Btw, there are some pics on the c64remix site here:

Yep, was there, actually was co-organising it... talk about killing my feet

My link to my pics is in the link you gave. Hopefully there should be a DVD sometime to buy with stuff from the day and the concert...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Damn, wished I could of made it. Looks like you all had a laugh.

Cool pics Mayhem m8, and nice website you've done too.

Are you planning any more C64/C64 music bashes soon?

Comment

Don't know when they'll be a next one... probably next summer.

Comment

to be honest Ive only just gotten into SID music, and to my surprise, the first I listened to was cosmic bakery, only to discover it was the originator of the Jurassic Park on the NES music, one of my personal favourite NES tracks. To think it was first on the C64 for CB?

some good stuff here surprisingly. To be honest I didnt take the idea too seriously, but some of this stuff is well composed.

any recomendations or info?

Comment

I'd point you to the page on my site with a load of recommendations to download, but seeing as the hosting went tits up earlier this week, I can't

I will list some of my favourites for you to go explore. Btw you can get almost every SID released and ripped through the collection sitting at http://www.hvsc.c64.org site.

Monty on the Run (Rob Hubbard)
            Arcade Classics (Rob Hubbard)
            Auf Wiedersehen Monty (Rob Hubbard/Ben Daglish)
            Last Ninja 2 (Matt Gray)
            Stormlord (Maniacs of Noise)
            Turbo Outrun (Maniacs of Noise)
            Phantoms of the Asteroid (Rob Hubbard)
            Hunter's Moon loading (Matt Gray)
            Delta (Rob Hubbard)
            Parallax (Martin Galway)
            Last Ninja (Anthony Lees/Ben Daglish)
            Thrust (Rob Hubbard)
            Driller (Matt Gray)
            Comic Bakery (Martin Galway)
            Bionic Commando (Tim Follin)
            Warhawk (Rob Hubbard)
            Ghosts 'n Goblins (Mark Cooksey)
            Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Tim Follin)
            Hawkeye (Maniacs of Noise)
            Zoids (Rob Hubbard)
            Terra Cresta (Martin Galway)
            Rambo (Martin Galway)
            Deflektor (Ben Daglish)

Comment

cheers

no need to download anything though. I got into it by accident since a friend sent me a disc with miscalaneus stuff on, and he included on the disc, possibly by accident about 60 mb worth of sids, 12'000 files I think?

Anyway, discovered it one day whilst rummaging for something game related to listen to. He'd sneakily hidden in the Turbo duo emulator folder.

thanks for the list

Comment

I hope you're using Sidplay 2/w player here for them, it's the best emulation for SID out there currently. Though still not perfect... some tunes can still only be fully appreciated on the real C64...

Comment

but of course!
                  I didnt have a sid player on the disc, so i went and downloaded the sidplay2/w

been listening to turrican quite a bit actually

Comment

There is a radiostation called "Nectarine" that plays loads of SID music (and you can request tracks too). Good place to hear new SID tunage, and old classic videogame music in general. They also play classic demo tracks from the C64, ST and Amiga, as well as legendary tracks from the artists like Rob Hubbard, Chris Huelsbeck, Jeroen Tel, etc etc. If you like your retro music, it's a nice background sound for when you're surfing or playing Quake3. Worth tuning in if you have Winamp.

Comment

Working...
                    X