Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[comments] Left 4 Dead 2 review

Left 4 Dead 2 review

Thanks to Duncan for the words and banner.

Thanks, really enjoyed that review.

Trying to explain all the gameplay elements in a few paragraphs must've been tough!

I only ever play co-op, but your review has made me want to try out some of the multiplayer modes too. I just prefer playing co-op and this game, like the original, really punishes players who don't work as a team.

Am I the only one who thinks the game is harder this time around, especially the finales? The first one took some doing, but once you worked out some tactics (The Jesus Room, Magic Cupboard, etc.), it was achievable.

I feel my manliness fading away every time I have to drop the settings to easy!

I quite like reading reviews after the reviewer's had a good amount of time to play a game and almost feels like a retrospective!

I like the way the game changes each time you play it. I think of it like and FPS equivalent of FIFA - it's the same playing field each time, but each session is very different from the last.

Finally, you know you're onto a good thing when the credits roll and everybody's re-living the adventure through anecdotes of what just happened.

I'm still playing this if anybody wants to show me some shortcuts, good places to stand in the finales and how the hell you get through it on expert mode!

Comment

Yeah, thanks to the spitter and charger, which are way too powerful, it's a much harder game than the original; and that's my biggest complaint and main reason why it falls short of the original's magnificence. It's just too difficult this time round. Beating all campaigns on expert in L4D was bloody difficult but, win or lose, it was always fun and always satisfying. L4D2 on expert is mainly frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I'm still playing this if anybody wants to show me some shortcuts, good places to stand in the finales and how the hell you get through it on expert mode!

Add me up, I'm all for a bit more of this. If you haven't got it yet the DLC is the tits.

Comment

The new mutations are awesome. Bleedout is a fantastic mode that really changes how you play the campaign. We played it on easy mode and it was still a fair challenge.

Comment

Working...
          X